Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I want nothing more than to be wrong on those two. 

And be wrong, you shall. ;)

Seriously though. I'm a big fan of Pryor. Thought he came back last year and filled in for Cephus admirably. Seemed like he was always open.

24 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Looking at future schedules...

October 3rd, 2020 vs Notre Dame at Lambeau Field. I dub this game the "Graham Mertz coming out party" game. OR should I reserve that for September 26th at Michigan?

First game of 2019. Horni's going pro. We're going to get Miami Horni all year and he'll be the top pick of the draft.

• Like 1

Mixed feelings on DD only getting 2 games. I know that's the punishment, at worst, he would get from nearly every other big time school considering no charges, but believing we do things differently, "the right way" if you will (and it sounds tongue in cheek but it's not), has definitely helped me cope with a lot of the heartbreak that comes with always being really good, but never good enough. Even if no crime was committed by DD, it's still awful judgement on his part to be involved in the situation, and 100% makes me doubt his character considering he was roommates and likely close with Cephus (who, for now, I am assuming is guilty). That being said, there's still a lot more for us to learn and I hope stuff comes out that will make DD look a lot less wrapped up in this situation as the claimant's account leads us to believe.

28 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

First game of 2019. Horni's going pro. We're going to get Miami Horni all year and he'll be the top pick of the draft.

I am intrigued if he will get NFL interest if he has a good year. I will say when he has a clean pocket and can step into his throws, AND actually makes the right read, he can fool you into thinking he is a stud. Personally I've seen enough to say he is not an NFL caliber QB, his arm is a noodle if he can't get set and you need to be able to throw from a variety of platforms, but you know the NFL loves B1G QBs with prototype builds who come form pro offenses. Being lefty may hurt him though. 

Just remember, even Stave has been on several practice squads over the years. The guy who was an average at best college QB even when surrounded by the best backfield in college and a top OL, has stayed on the NFL's radar. 

3 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I am intrigued if he will get NFL interest if he has a good year. I will say when he has a clean pocket and can step into his throws, AND actually makes the right read, he can fool you into thinking he is a stud. Personally I've seen enough to say he is not an NFL caliber QB, his arm is a noodle if he can't get set and you need to be able to throw from a variety of platforms, but you know the NFL loves B1G QBs with prototype builds who come form pro offenses. Being lefty may hurt him though. 

Just remember, even Stave has been on several practice squads over the years. The guy who was an average at best college QB even when surrounded by the best backfield in college and a top OL, has stayed on the NFL's radar. 

You just gotta keep him off his back foot and he's fine. It's when he's pressured, he throws ducks. Like you said, if he can step into the throws, he's fine. He really needs to work on his deep ball though. Puts far too much air under it and it hangs. Needs to drive into those throws more too but, again, that goes back to whether or not he has a lane to step into.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Hence the very obvious statement about new materials surfacing leading to new penalties. I've heard this so many times on the radio and on here, read the statement.

If you aren't sure whether new information could make a 2 game suspension look bad, suspend him indefinitely.

And if the UW is confident they'll know all enough information to determine Davis' involvement within the next 2 weeks anyway, there may not be a practical difference between a 2 week and an indefinite suspension.

58 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If you aren't sure whether new information could make a 2 game suspension look bad, suspend him indefinitely.

And if the UW is confident they'll know all enough information to determine Davis' involvement within the next 2 weeks anyway, there may not be a practical difference between a 2 week and an indefinite suspension.

I'm sure they have all the information right now. I guarantee as long as something else doesn't come to light evidence wise Davis isn't getting charged.

I was a grad assistant on a staff and we had a similar situation while I was there. The city prosecutors and cops were in the football offices every day it felt like both interviewing our coach as well as briefing him on all their evidence and how they felt their case was shaping up. So that the athletic department could make a proper decision on discipline.

I highly doubt a powerhouse like UW Madison is any different. I'm sure Chryst has seen all evidence, and knows exactly what police are thinking before making this decision. If not then that's just poor teamwork with the athletic department and Madison PD.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Hence the very obvious statement about new materials surfacing leading to new penalties. I've heard this so many times on the radio and on here, read the statement.

Kinda feel this should've been an indefinite suspension. That caveat feels super lame to me.

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm sure they have all the information right now. I guarantee as long as something else doesn't come to light evidence wise Davis isn't getting charged.

I was a grad assistant on a staff and we had a similar situation while I was there. The city prosecutors and cops were in the football offices every day it felt like both interviewing our coach as well as briefing him on all their evidence and how they felt their case was shaping up. So that the athletic department could make a proper decision on discipline.

I highly doubt a powerhouse like UW Madison is any different. I'm sure Chryst has seen all evidence, and knows exactly what police are thinking before making this decision. If not then that's just poor teamwork with the athletic department and Madison PD.

If this is the case, there is no need for the caveat.