Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

Yeah, I figured as much. I've just seen a ton of "drunk = no consent" **** lately is all. Basically, the law is Brock Turner victim level drunk and not "I was lit" drunk.

Yeah that's just the internet being stupid. 

The definition is a gray area though, it's not like you hit 0.15% BAC and can't consent any more. So that's what Cephus' lawyers are gunning for. The article makes it sound like the victim just walks out like a normal person, but I'm thinking it's more likely the victim is walking, but stumbling like someone who's hammered, and Cephus' lawyers will try to convince the jury that because she has an idea that she wants to go home, she can have an idea about whether she should have sex or not with someone.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The definition is a gray area though, it's not like you hit 0.15% BAC and can't consent any more. So that's what Cephus' lawyers are gunning for. The article makes it sound like the victim just walks out like a normal person, but I'm thinking it's more likely the victim is walking, but stumbling like someone who's hammered, and Cephus' lawyers will try to convince the jury that because she has an idea that she wants to go home, she can have an idea about whether she should have sex or not with someone.

True. I know I've hit over 0.15 and been totally coherent but I'm also a borderline alcoholic so...

And if that's really what they are going for, it kind of reeks of desperation tbh. At the very least, it comes off a bit scumbaggy to me. Living in Milwaukee and dealing with too drunk people on a nightly basis when I go out (literally everyone here binge drinks), I can say first hand that, when people are even blackout levels of drunk, the idea of going home is ingrained in their minds and is usually the first thing they say. So, arguing that "if she has an idea that she wants to go home then she can also have the idea of consenting to sex" just doesn't register with me. It's two entirely different train of thoughts and I don't think the jury would buy it in the slightest. He's in the wrong area of the country for that type of defense IMO. 

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

True. I know I've hit over 0.15 and been totally coherent but I'm also a borderline alcoholic so...

And if that's really what they are going for, it kind of reeks of desperation tbh. At the very least, it comes off a bit scumbaggy to me. Living in Milwaukee and dealing with too drunk people on a nightly basis when I go out (literally everyone here binge drinks), I can say first hand that, when people are even blackout levels of drunk, the idea of going home is ingrained in their minds and is usually the first thing they say. So, arguing that "if she has an idea that she wants to go home then she can also have the idea of consenting to sex" just doesn't register with me. It's two entirely different train of thoughts and I don't think the jury would buy it in the slightest. He's in the wrong area of the country for that type of defense IMO. 

I mean to be fair, I'm speculating. But I see people on like 247 or whatever saying stuff like "well this makes no sense how could the defense argue she's sober if the cop said she was hammered", and this would remove that contradiction.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I mean to be fair, I'm speculating. But I see people on like 247 or whatever saying stuff like "well this makes no sense how could the defense argue she's sober is the cop said she was hammered", and this would remove that contradiction.

No, I know you're speculating. I'm just stating how I feel about that type of speculation. 

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

What about the texts about the vape? How do you view those, if that text exists it's two fold for me. She supposedly knows she had her vape, brought it to Cephus', left it there and knew the make of the vape. As someone who's left his wallet/credit card at every bar in Oshkosh, that would show me she was aware of what happened that night (so long as the text is as the defense describes.) Also why would she text someone that she felt just sexually assaulted her that he should meet her to get it back? I'm not going to even think too far into the Emojis either but that's weird too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

What about the texts about the vape? How do you view those, if that text exists it's two fold for me. She supposedly knows she had her vape, brought it to Cephus', left it there and knew the make of the vape. As someone who's left his wallet/credit card at every bar in Oshkosh, that would show me she was aware of what happened that night (so long as the text is as the defense describes.) Also why would she text someone that she felt just sexually assaulted her that he should meet her to get it back? I'm not going to even think too far into the Emojis either but that's weird too.

That is definitely weirder to me than the security footage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Guys, just wanna let you know that we're all hypocrites. 

Criticizing the whole process at OSU doesn’t make anyone a hypocrite. This whole investigation was bundled from the start. But I don’t want to talk about OSU.

what are your expectations considering the WR news? Playoffs or bust?

15 hours ago, zelbell said:

what are your expectations considering the WR news? Playoffs or bust?

I think Cephus is likely to be convicted of at least one felony and end up with a significant jail sentence. As for Davis, I think the 2 game suspension has serious potential to be an embarrassment.

And no, we're not a program that says playoffs or bust.

• Like 1

Depth Chart for the opener

Offense
QB: Alex Hornibrook | Jack Coan
RB: Jonathan Taylor | Taiwan Deal Garrett Groshek | Chris James
FB: Alec Ingold | Mason Stokke
WR: Kendric Pryor | Adam Krumholz
WR: AJ Taylor | Jack Dunn
HB: Kyle Penniston | Jake Ferguson
TE: Zander Neuville | Luke Benzschawel
LT: Jon Dietzen or Cole Van Lanen
LG: Michael Dieter | David Moorman
C: Tyler Biadasz | Jason Erdmann
RG: Beau Benzschawel | Micah Kapoi
RT: David Edwards | Logan Bruss

Defense
DE: Kayden Lyles | Aaron Vopal
NT: Olive Sagapolu | Bryson Williams
DE: Matt Henningsen | David Pfaff
OLB: Andrew Van Ginkel | Christian Bell
ILB: TJ Edwards | Chris Orr
ILB: Ryan Connelly | Mike Maskalunas
OLB: Zack Baun | Tyler Johnson
CB: Caesar Williams | Deron Harrell 
SAF: D'Cota Dixon | Reggie Pearson
SAF: Scott Nelson | Eric Burrell
CB: Faion Hicks | Madison Cone

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

Dontye Carriere-Williams is leaving and was granted his release. Guess he didn't like getting demoted to the 2nd unit. The big knock he had all spring and fall camp was that the coaching staff wanted to see him "bring it" on days that aren't just Saturday. He couldn't do that and he left. 

Article here makes it look like it was solely because he got demoted but who knows.

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Dontye Carriere-Williams is leaving and was granted his release. Guess he didn't like getting demoted to the 2nd unit. The big knock he had all spring and fall camp was that the coaching staff wanted to see him "bring it" on days that aren't just Saturday. He couldn't do that and he left. 

Article here makes it look like it was solely because he got demoted but who knows.

I don't know how legit it is, but one of my buddies who knows people within the program said DCW literally just walked off the field in practice. Apparently it was stemming from not wanting to fight younger players for the starting CB spot. If that is the case, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

• Like 1