Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

So I'm surprised to be saying this, but Graham Mertz has actually been decent for us. Takes too many sacks, too risk averse, and deep accuracy isn't good, but he's managed the game well, has done a nice job of buying time and extending plays, and has been very accurate in the short and intermediate ranges. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

So I'm surprised to be saying this, but Graham Mertz has actually been decent for us. Takes too many sacks, too risk averse, and deep accuracy isn't good, but he's managed the game well, has done a nice job of buying time and extending plays, and has been very accurate in the short and intermediate ranges. 

I saw the Tennessee game where you guys were all accepting him which was infuriating because he objectively doesn't deserve happiness.

(I'm not bitter, why do you ask?)

• Like 1

On 10/7/2023 at 3:11 PM, Packerraymond said:

Really want to figure out exactly what this offense is, really nothing pro style, but nothing close to what you see when you watch these tempo spread offenses. Just totally without identity. Offense wasn't bad today, but just methodical. I still feel like we went to the NCAA offense store and picked up the Great Value brand spread offense.

Really can't get the ball to the outside or vertical at all. Green and Williams are probably regretting their portal decision at this point. Hopefully we can figure something out because Mordecai looks much better as of late.

I know BK will vehemently disagree, but this looks like the PC offense, just from the gun.

I can deal with losing and I can deal with playing like garbage against Iowa because that's just what that game always is, but man this post is still relevant. 3rd and the game is on the line, I have no idea what we run, or who we look to other than hoping Mordecai does something. The lack of an identity on offense is not the type of criticism I'd ever thought we'd give a Wisconsin team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I can deal with losing and I can deal with playing like garbage against Iowa because that's just what that game always is, but man this post is still relevant. 3rd and the game is on the line, I have no idea what we run, or who we look to other than hoping Mordecai does something. The lack of an identity on offense is not the type of criticism I'd ever thought we'd give a Wisconsin team.

I don't think Longo is the guy. 

Hope we can retain the WR talent we brought in and come into next year with a new OC, portal QB and roll with the two frosh RBs we're bringing in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't think Longo is the guy. 

Hope we can retain the WR talent we brought in and come into next year with a new OC, portal QB and roll with the two frosh RBs we're bringing in.

I don't know what the problem is, or even how many problems there are. OL issues are still front and center, the RBs don't fit the scheme at all, the scheme itself and lack of offensive identity, the lack of a go-to receiver, it's all relevant. And the pass rush.

Long term not worried, but pretty much have no expectations for the rest of the season.