Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

9 hours ago, Duluther said:

Hate on. Wisconsin isn’t winning the West this year.

And Chryst would really want and let Cephus back? How in the world could anyone say that in this day and age? Shaking my head, man. Your coach is more delusional than me.

Besides having hope, which is adorable, it also doesn't have a good memory apparently:
http://www.startribune.com/gophers-football-players-plan-to-threaten-boycott-of-bowl-game/406928136/

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Duluther said:

Hate on. Wisconsin isn’t winning the West this year.

And Chryst would really want and let Cephus back? How in the world could anyone say that in this day and age? Shaking my head, man. Your coach is more delusional than me.

Troy got the same amount of votes as Minnesota in the Coaches Poll.

...Troy.

• Like 1

https://news.wisc.edu/response-to-stephen-meyer-comments/

The information provided today by attorney Stephen Meyer is false.

UW-Madison is committed to performing a complete and thorough review of any petition for reinstatement that it receives. In most cases this involves a full review of all relevant court records, which in this case were not provided in the petition. We are working to gather this information currently and will complete our review of the petition as quickly as possible once we have it.  No decision on this matter has been made at this time.

Generally speaking, it’s important to note that the University of Wisconsin System’s code of student conduct is separate from criminal law and that students may be held responsible for violations of the code regardless of whether those violations are also criminal. State and federal law require us to apply the code of conduct impartially and consistently regardless of the identities of the individuals involved.

Fact is Nebraska, Northwestern or Minnesota have just as good of a chance to win the West if not more so than Wisconsin.  Minnesota has the easiest schedule out of all of those schools including Wisconsin so that will help a great deal.  Wisconsin has arguably the hardest out of that group.  

Only way Wisconsin wins the West this year is if Mertz is some Joe Montana out there, Leo Chenal has 10+ sacks and Logan Brown is All Big Ten at tackle.  Minnesota has better receivers no question, just a slightly worse offensive line which is improving.  The defensive backs are easily better on Minnesota in depth and talent across the board, the pass rushers on Minnesota are better and most of that is Coughlin.  RB is kind of a wash but Minnesota has more depth in terms of bodies arguably.  Wisconsin lost a ton of talent and leadership off last years group not only on the offensive line but the main playmakers and leaders on defense are gone.  

Sure Wisconsin could have all those freshman play out of this world great and be a fine team, but if not they could struggle at points playing Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State not to mention Northwestern, Iowa and Nebraska.  So you better hope wonder boy is Joe Montana out there, because if Coan is the starter he is not that scary to face honestly.  Not like the Gophers have some great QB either but have a much more developed passing game considering last year was both RS FR and FR QBs, it will be better than last season and last season was not awful considering.

Just keep pretending Scott Frost, Pat Fizgerald, Jeff Brohm etc are awful coaches.  The day of Wisconsin just walking into the Big Ten title game are basically over.

Here are the FR or RS FR players that stood out to me last year on each roster.  To say Minnesota did not have more RS FR or FR talent and production is just not correct, and to just assume that talent will stop improving and not get better is just naive.

Minnesota:

Faalele OT
Ibrahim RB
Bateman WR
Andries OT
Autman-Bell WR
Morgan QB
Smith CB
Dunlap  OG
Mafe DE
Howden CB
Annexstad QB

Wisconsin:

Ferguson TE
Nelson S
Henningsen DE
Wildgoose CB
Hicks CB

PS I included Hicks and Wildgoose because they fit the category but honestly I do not feel either of them are that good of a player based on what they showed last year.  That could change but currently am not following them that close until they show something more legit on the field.  Terell Smith compared to them at CB is way better, bigger, faster and has better ball skills and reaction time.  

giphy.gif

giphy.webp?cid=790b761147a63522e481ca4da

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

RB is kind of a wash but Minnesota has more depth in terms of bodies arguably. 

BAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAH

Get the **** outta here with that crap. Minnesota's entire RB group couldn't hold Jonathan Taylor's jock strap.

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

BAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAH

Get the **** outta here with that crap. Minnesota's entire RB group couldn't hold Jonathan Taylor's jock strap.

Ok give Wisconsin the RB position, and...  Still say those freshman have to be amazing for that team to be greatly successful.  Awesome recruiting class no doubt on paper but will see how good they are on the field.  And maybe those OL Erdman and Moorman are these great players as seniors but if they were that great of players why would they be on Wisconsin for three years barely play.  If they were that good they could have easily left and actually played in their college career outside of one season, sure got a little time here and there but nothing legit.  So losing Dieter, Benzschawel, Edwards and Diezten means absolutely nothing?  I think that will affect Taylor's effectiveness as a player but will see how good of back he is this year without that wildly experienced OL ahead of him.  Again Biadasz is a 1st round pick all the way, the rest are a question mark.

Delusional, nah I watch way more college football than you do bro.  Let us discuss another team in this same fashion, but fact is you probably cannot and your entire football universe surrounds Wisconsin and hovers over it.  Delusional is the fact that pass rush last year sucked on Wisconsin and improving that will be quite the issue.  Had Schobert, TJ Watt, Biegel, Cichy, Connelly, Edwards, Van Ginkel, Jacobs and Dooley.  Where all those guys at?  Orr might be ok but other than that yeah they will need freshman bench press star to be amazing and maybe he will.  They need that pressure because those DBs cannot hold up long term.

I remember hearing same talk about Hornibrook as younger player, all Wisconsin fans believing he was the savor at QB and a promising player.  Now you would probably harm him on the street if you saw him.  So yeah they need Mertz to be a super star at the position, and maybe he will be maybe he will not.

So who am I missing, who are these great players on Wisconsin I have not mentioned?  Maybe I overlooked some but come on, fact is they have some questions only incoming freshman can answer this season.