Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

On 1/16/2022 at 3:06 PM, beekay414 said:

Honest question, because I don't know, how many FL kids have we offered, and they committed, that ended up flipping to other schools or were committed to a school prior to committing to us? I feel like you're describing premium Florida talent and, well, let's not act like we land premium Florida talent lol.

Most of them honestly. It's been common knowledge you don't wanna be first for FL kids for a decade. 

The best job we ever did recruiting a FL kid was Alex Collins, and we hyped up the official visit for like a year, he had never seen Wisconsin, and we blew him away. Had we done that in the spring, he'd have forgotten about it. And then obviously Bert left and it didn't matter, but that's how you do it.

People are really advocating for the NDSU OC lol. NDSU's offense is just as, if not more, archaic than our current one. Nothing new comes from that hire. Darrell Bevell, Scott Tolzien and Bobby Engram are the other connected names so far. Mark Whipple's son has also been speculated.

I hope we give it to Tolzien. Think we need to face the music that we're never going to be some modern spread team, as that goes against what we can recruit efficiently. Need to be a more balanced pro-style team.

I just feel like of all the candidates, someone younger with potentially larger aspirations might challenge Chryst a bit more. Some of these middle aged candidates might be content just to be an OC and just be a yes man.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I hope we give it to Tolzien. Think we need to face the music that we're never going to be some modern spread team, as that goes against what we can recruit efficiently. Need to be a more balanced pro-style team.

I just feel like of all the candidates, someone younger with potentially larger aspirations might challenge Chryst a bit more. Some of these middle aged candidates might be content just to be an OC and just be a yes man.

My take: hire the person who can do the best impression of the Kyle Shanahan offense. We need modern concepts, but they get a ton out of personnel that we never utilize.

10 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

My take: hire the person who can do the best impression of the Kyle Shanahan offense. We need modern concepts, but they get a ton out of personnel that we never utilize.

I don’t see Kirk Ferentz leaving Iowa unfortunately. I think that style of offense is ideal at Wisconsin. A combo gap and zone scheme with boot action and flood routes with heavy TE and hybrid RB usage is ideal to go with a commitment to running the ball.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I don’t see Kirk Ferentz leaving Iowa unfortunately. I think that style of offense is ideal at Wisconsin. A combo gap and zone scheme with boot action and flood routes with heavy TE and hybrid RB usage is ideal to go with a commitment to running the ball.

What's appealing about it to me is that you don't need a QB with a big arm to be successful. He just needs to be smart enough to process the information.

We can't consistently recruit QBs with NFL arms. And the few times we'll get someone with that type of talent, there's no guarantee they develop. 

8 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

What's appealing about it to me is that you don't need a QB with a big arm to be successful. He just needs to be smart enough to process the information.

We can't consistently recruit QBs with NFL arms. And the few times we'll get someone with that type of talent, there's no guarantee they develop. 

As long as you have a plus athlete who can do well throwing on boot actions I like it a lot. This basically is what Stefanski runs in Cleveland.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2022 at 5:08 PM, titans0021 said:

And on that note:

I can not imagine how bizarre this would be. The meme potential would be so high.

If Williams actually committed, and if Williams was a special enough talent for Chryst to design an offense from the bottom up for him, and if it was successful enough to have a Cam Newton/Auburn year. Why not?

**** it, let it rip.