Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Just remember, Cinci has had some dudes at RB and TE who have really excelled in this system, so IMO it's a perfect bridge match. They have had guys like Ford who can flat out run the ball and some guys in the 2TE sets (you read that right) that have done really well despite the spread look.

From a personnel standpoint, it's not THAT drastic from what you'd think IMO.

3 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

Being a heavy formation running team shouldn’t preclude them of an effective passing game. Those Stanford teams a decade ago were a great example of that.

All of this is true, and quietly I think our running game will stay about as efficient overall if this works. Oregon's a great example of power-spread offense, I get that.

But it's a different feeling entirely when the whole stadium knows the playcall and they still can't stop it. It's run number 8 in a row when Matt Millen starts getting chirpy as the color guy with a sarcastic, "oh I wonder what they're gonna call" and you get to sit back and know the game is over. Best feeling ever.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

But it's a different feeling entirely when the whole stadium knows the playcall and they still can't stop it. It's run number 8 in a row when Matt Millen starts getting chirpy as the color guy with a sarcastic, "oh I wonder what they're gonna call" and you get to sit back and know the game is over. Best feeling ever.

My guy, 7 of my coaching years we ran the triple option, one of them en route to a conference title in which we beat Braxton Millers HS and Kirk Herbstreits HS the same year. Satisfaction status:

🍆 🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆

(1 for each win)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

To anyone that feels a little left out in the thread and just wants to bring all of their many years of NFL scouting expertise to the table, please accept my apology.

mean-girls-cant-help-it.gif

And really, this is saying a lot given we had Benjamin Allbright and at least one other unnamed poster posting on this forum not all that long ago.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Donovan Harbour is announcing on Tuesday and a lot of people believe it's going to be Penn State. McNamara just put up his Badgers commitment signal (James Gandolfini smoking a stogie with a smile) so one can only hope... 

What an odd choice from someone with offers from Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan and Ohio State...

Penn State has had one top 100 pick at OG/OT in the last decade. Donovan Smith to Tampa. I realize they have a top 10 guy next year, but still weird as hell.