Jump to content
deltarich87

Packers sign WR Ryan Grant, waive RB Tra Carson and use IR/Designated to return on TE Jace Sternberger

Recommended Posts

i like this signing. he's more of a slot type right? that's what we need, some quickness with all these lanky slow bodies we have 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, craig said:

One of two guys....  Campbell being the other...  So that exhausts their IR-returns for the year, yes? 

 

Campbell was PUP, not IR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I like both of those movies

Question......whats Sternberger been doing all this time - outside getting his ankle right?
Attending meetings (?) working out (?) busing tables at Applebees?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Isnt Tremon Smith the guy we just got rid of?

Tell ya true.....just saw a video clip of Grant. Didnt (and dont know him from Adam) but my initial reaction: Damn if he doesnt look like Sheppard.

I dont know nada....but if I were Mr. Sheppard???

Heh heh.  Shepherd is the guy they kept over Davis and Tremon!  So perhaps trying to undo that decision, eh?  

It's still kind of a bummer.  Every time I've looked at a play where Shepherd was in as a receiver, he always seems to get wide open.... but Rodgers never seems to throw it to him accurately or on time, or at all....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, craig said:

Heh heh.  Shepherd is the guy they kept over Davis and Tremon!  So perhaps trying to undo that decision, eh?  It's still kind of a bummer.  Every time I've looked at a play where Shepherd was in as a receiver, he always seems to get wide open.... but Rodgers never seems to throw it to him accurately or on time, or at all....

Well I know of one play where AR might have thrown it to Sheppard (if he saw him....) but (might have) decided not to - when he took off on his 12 yard scramble / first down pickup. The replay showed Sheppard about 20yds downfield - relatively open in an open zone area. Did AR see him? Dont know. He ran with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, craig said:

Heh heh.  Shepherd is the guy they kept over Davis and Tremon!  So perhaps trying to undo that decision, eh?  

It's still kind of a bummer.  Every time I've looked at a play where Shepherd was in as a receiver, he always seems to get wide open.... but Rodgers never seems to throw it to him accurately or on time, or at all....

i noticed that too. the kid was getting open. rodgers holds it a tick longer and shepherd is wide open in the corner of the endzone against the eagles, and we might be talking about shep as a hero these past few weeks. 

i know this forum has loved trashing the kid, but i'd keep him because frankly, who on our team is capable of getting consistent separation? the guy i'd let go is kumerow. i don't understand this forum's infatuation with him, never have. he's JAG. doesn't give you anything. yes shep had a bad game but if the kid keeps getting open i'd tell him to keep working and the chances will come 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shepherd was also pretty wide open on the interception throw, if Rodgers wouldn't have thrown it behind him.

He was also clearing wide, wide, wide open on the game-deciding interception thrown to MVS in Eagles game.  

he was also pretty wide open on a kind of late and bad throw in end-zone versus Dallas, a play on which Dallas got called for an interference call (on Shepherd, I think) anyway; and a play where Shepherd could still have caught the TD pass even thought it late after the defender had already closed on him.  

I guess I'm saying that if getting open is a quality we want in our receivers, I'm still not sure he might not be pretty good at that, as a receiver.  Whether he's got any hands to catch, I don't know.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been asking for the Sternberger thing and glad it appears imminent! The only way the Grant thing makes sense is if we believe Allison is going to be out a while. He could have broken his jaw on that hit and nobody is saying anything yet. 

I think you are going to see a lot more of Lazard this week. MVS, Lazard, and Kumerow when we go three wide. Not sure if Grant is going to be active this week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I've been asking for the Sternberger thing and glad it appears imminent! The only way the Grant thing makes sense is if we believe Allison is going to be out a while. He could have broken his jaw on that hit and nobody is saying anything yet. I think you are going to see a lot more of Lazard this week. MVS, Lazard, and Kumerow when we go three wide. Not sure if Grant is going to be active this week. 

? Where'd the broken jaw come from? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Leader said:

? Where'd the broken jaw come from? 

He got popped on the jaw by the dudes helmet. Also, at halftime the sideline reporter said he was questionable to return as they were checking for a concussion and looking at his jaw. I swore I heard that on TV. 

Also, the first thing I thought we I saw the hit in slow motion was he broke his fricking jaw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Golfman said:

He got popped on the jaw by the dudes helmet. Also, at halftime the sideline reporter said he was questionable to return as they were checking for a concussion and looking at his jaw. I swore I heard that on TV. Also, the first thing I thought we I saw the hit in slow motion was he broke his fricking jaw. 

Okay. Could be for all I know. Game report I heard was it was a possible concussion and chest injury. So who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Leader said:

Okay. Could be for all I know. Game report I heard was it was a possible concussion and chest injury. So who knows.

You know what, it was a chest injury. I saw him get popped in the jaw and thought it was immediately broken. Injury report only suggests concussion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grant is a placeholder WR.  But he's the kind of WR who will look good with Rodgers.  Encouraging that Jace is set to return this year.  He will be a household name once he puts it together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we still have another IR return correct it's 2 annually now? Who else would be a candidate to return this year? ESB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PACKRULE said:

So we still have another IR return correct it's 2 annually now? Who else would be a candidate to return this year? ESB?

I believe ESB is ineligible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×