S Steven Terrell Signed by KC

valkrei

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Some film review from a couple games last year. The audio isn't great. But it gives an idea on what Terrell is/was.

Definitely doesn't diagnose the run quickly 

is there anybody on our roster that can? Who's gonna hit the hole immediately and take on a guy like Gillislee? DJ?

Its gonna require a different scheme for sure.  Sorensen is capable of stickin his nose up in there, but my guess it'll be multiples and disguises in order to stuff the run like Berry was capable of, and covering TE's.

We'll see.  Key is get folks down enough so they have to throw to get back in the game!!!

Thanks King for the video. Berry was a "wrap up" tackler for the most part. It seems Terrell is too. That's good. Murray for his part is more of a "hit 'em low" tackler who doesn't wrap up nearly as often. He's hoping his momentum knocks down the ball carrier or knocks him out of bounds. Unfortunately, players are bigger in the NFL than the Big 10 and Murray's technique can fail him.

It does seem like Terrell can keep the play in front of him even if he's slow to diagnose. Maybe coach E.Thomas and Berry can share helpful advise.

11 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Definitely doesn't diagnose the run quickly 

is there anybody on our roster that can? Who's gonna hit the hole immediately and take on a guy like Gillislee? DJ?

Ramik Wilson has flashed an ability to do that. Certainly not as often as DJ, between snap count and experience, but you can see DJ's influence on his playstyle.

17 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Saints are shopping Kenny Vaccaro, should we be interested as long as Berry is down? Underachiever but it's not like the Saints have had much around him. Don't know what it would take but he's 26 and can probably be had for cheap(ish).

Maybe, Might need to review some college tape.

On 9/16/2017 at 5:30 PM, Chiefs_5627 said:

Saints are shopping Kenny Vaccaro, should we be interested as long as Berry is down? Underachiever but it's not like the Saints have had much around him. Don't know what it would take but he's 26 and can probably be had for cheap(ish).

It depends what they want. I think they expected Earl Thomas and got Neiko Thorpe (remember him?).

KV was a top half of the 1st pick and has not been an outright bust. He looks more like a SS but has played more FS. I would not mind seeing what he can do with TE and RB instead of WR. That said, a 2nd round pick is too much. We have Parker, Sorenson and Murray, which is not a shabby rotation. 

J

On 9/17/2017 at 9:33 PM, onejayhawk said:

It depends what they want. I think they expected Earl Thomas and got Neiko Thorpe (remember him?).

KV was a top half of the 1st pick and has not been an outright bust. He looks more like a SS but has played more FS. I would not mind seeing what he can do with TE and RB instead of WR. That said, a 2nd round pick is too much. We have Parker, Sorenson and Murray, which is not a shabby rotation. 

J

Could not stand Neiko Thorpe. Glad when he wound up in Raiderland after us.

Now that we have a glimpse of life after Berry I think we roll with what we have. All things considered, I think Murray played pretty well actually. Although another injury and I could see us pursuing a FA vet like Williams though. 

Archived