MMA Thread | As the UFC Turns

beekay414

8 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

i have no idea who that is

lol. young guy was merking ppl in bamma. for like a year ppl were saying he was the best young guy outside the ufc before he signed with them. he's really weak and strikes have no power for some reason. 

@jfinley88, surprised you commented on everything but the ME

I was shocked to see Werdum lose. He was getting alot of TDs. He was playing possum a little too much as far as just falling back and trying to bait but Volkov was too smart for it. Not sure what to make of HW now that Werdum lost. Volkov might have to get the next shot but might need 1 more win but he definitely won a prove it and you might get your shot fight 

16 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

paul craig was getting dominated the whole fight and got the submission win w/ literally 1 second left

I couldn’t believe the way it ended. I assumed the ref came in because he was out cold but he tapped. I know a triangle choke is crazy painful and whatnot but when the 10sec warning came up and he wasnt even in position yet i thought he’d stick it out but he tapped. Crazy!

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I couldn’t believe the way it ended. I assumed the ref came in because he was out cold but he tapped. I know a triangle choke is crazy painful and whatnot but when the 10sec warning came up and he wasnt even in position yet i thought he’d stick it out but he tapped. Crazy!

Don't want to sound like a keyboard warrior... but I never found triangle chokes are really painful. When it's locked in tight, you start seeing stars and get lightheaded, or you just go to sleep before you even realize it - saying this as a guy who has been put to sleep by a triangle before.

Again, I don't know exactly how it was for the Magomedovovov guy, so take my comment with a grain of salt, but it seems to me like it was a lack of competitive desire on his part. All that's at risk from a triangle choke is that you'll get put to sleep, and when that happens you just wake up disoriented a few moments later, and after about 30 seconds you're fine. A competitive guy is going to risk that if he knows he's a few seconds away from winning the fight. It's crazy to me how quickly he tapped to that, especially how close it was to the finish. Hats off to Craig though. his striking defense is god-awful, but his submissions are really good.

the rest of the event... Manuwa seems like he's hit his peak. He's about 36 or something already, and it seems like his striking defense is really lacking. Lucky he never faced Cormier, cos DC would box him up something awful, even without using wrestling.

Leon Edwards is looking ok, did great to defend Sobotta's submissions, that sub defense can't be discounted. He's got a good record in the UFC, not sure if he's ready for the Till fight, but hopefully he gets some top 10 guy.

I was surprised by the Duquesnoy decision, but I don't think it was necessarily a robbery. Rounds 1 and 3 were quite close, could realistically go either way. the 30-27 card was ridiculous, but he would have won without that, so it's not so bad. There's something missing about him though, he's got a great array of strikes, loved the way he ends his combos with leg kicks, but he seems to lack impact. Kinda think he might be better trying out 145lbs.

13 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Don't want to sound like a keyboard warrior... but I never found triangle chokes are really painful. When it's locked in tight, you start seeing stars and get lightheaded, or you just go to sleep before you even realize it - saying this as a guy who has been put to sleep by a triangle before.

Again, I don't know exactly how it was for the Magomedovovov guy, so take my comment with a grain of salt, but it seems to me like it was a lack of competitive desire on his part. All that's at risk from a triangle choke is that you'll get put to sleep, and when that happens you just wake up disoriented a few moments later, and after about 30 seconds you're fine. A competitive guy is going to risk that if he knows he's a few seconds away from winning the fight. It's crazy to me how quickly he tapped to that, especially how close it was to the finish. Hats off to Craig though. his striking defense is god-awful, but his submissions are really good.

Do you practice BJJ at all or were you simply curious as a MMA fan?

And I agree 100% to the last part. The fact that Craig didnt even start working to the sub when the 10 second mark hit definitely makes me question how much heart his opponent has. 

Archived