MMA Thread | As the UFC Turns

beekay414

11 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

think Lesnar will be back. Probably going to make Lesnar vs Jones. Jon will definitely be back, but it's too much of a risk to put him in a title fight again straight away. him vs Lesnar is the kind of fight that could headline a PPV, while not throwing a division into disarray if one (or both) tests positive.

They need to do like rogan said and put that on a card in japan and let them roid out like old pride days

18 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Why would he stop though? Its safer and doesnt he make more money?

I don't think wrestling is safer. Sure, its fake, but those guys still put their body through hell, not to mention their brain. There's a reason some of the worst cases of CTE come from pro wrestlers. I think he might be a lot more comfortable finishing his athletic career in MMA, especially if he's able to avoid a lot of damage with his wrestling. 

It looks like Edgar-Swanson is going to be booked for the Atlantic City card next month. I realize Frankie wants badly to fight in his home state, but this could be a terrible mistake, fighting so soon after being knocked out. Potentially a great opportunity for Swanson to get his name back in the mix if he knocks Frankie out. 

58 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

It looks like Edgar-Swanson is going to be booked for the Atlantic City card next month. I realize Frankie wants badly to fight in his home state, but this could be a terrible mistake, fighting so soon after being knocked out. Potentially a great opportunity for Swanson to get his name back in the mix if he knocks Frankie out. 

swanson v. frankie 1 may've been the worst beat down in the last ~ 3 years 

edit: holy **** that fight was 4 years ago.. time flies. 

poor Cub. He had two fights in a row (Frankie and Max) where he got beat up for almost the whole distance, until his opponent decided to try and take his neck off at the last minute.

looking at his record now though. win streaks of 6 and 4 either side of those losses. Since 2008 he's only lost to Aldo, Mendes, Lamas, Frankie, Max and Ortega. only elite guys. Cub might be a gatekeeper, but he's really a high level gatekeeper, and has had a hell of a career. Part of me wishes he'd have gone to Bellator, got paid and maybe won a belt there. He deserves it.

9 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

I don't think wrestling is safer. Sure, its fake, but those guys still put their body through hell, not to mention their brain. There's a reason some of the worst cases of CTE come from pro wrestlers. I think he might be a lot more comfortable finishing his athletic career in MMA, especially if he's able to avoid a lot of damage with his wrestling. 

You gotta figure though a lot of those cases of CTE were in the era where guys would damn near murder each other with chair shots and other weapons. While they certainly destroy their bodies, Brock has a pretty sweet deal with WWE. That said his entire previous run in UFC he wasn't healthy so I definitely think that haunts him and I think he goes back.

Brock is better off in WWE because he doesn't take repeated head trauma in the WWE.

The problem with WWE head trauma is that they routinely are getting minor subconcussions over and over and over again week in and week out. Brock wrestling a full-time schedule would be worse for him, but coming in and wrestling 5-6 times a year is nothing.

7 hours ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

You gotta figure though a lot of those cases of CTE were in the era where guys would damn near murder each other with chair shots and other weapons. While they certainly destroy their bodies, Brock has a pretty sweet deal with WWE. That said his entire previous run in UFC he wasn't healthy so I definitely think that haunts him and I think he goes back.

Yea and Brock isnt flying off the top rope or nothing either. I bet Jeff Hardy’s brain is mush

6 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

lol 0% chance they offered him that much money. Dude is a boxer and would get beat to shreds by any heavyweight with a wrestling background. Stipe, Cain, even Overeem would put it to Joshua.

Agreed. 500m? Is he really going to get them that kind of a return?

Archived