MMA Thread | As the UFC Turns

beekay414

48 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

90-10 is a ton. I would have given Reem a larger chance than 10% in his fight with Francis

I gave Reem a 0% chance and actually won a beer on a side bet. Ngannou is on another level - him and Stipe is going to be good. 

44 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

He's probably done - he was recently diagnosed with colitis and I'm sure that makes training and such extremely difficult. 

I'm pretty sure his health problems were related to when he was trying to pack on extra mass to be competitive at 185. Think he's going to go back to 170 now. Lucky for Woodley, seems like he may have hit the jackpot. Although, depending on how long GSP is out, Woodley might defend against Lawler/RDA first.

Pretty happy to see the middleweight division straightened out and moving forward now. Can't wait for Whittaker-Rockhold. Feel like it might be rough for Luke though. Lately he's showing his striking is kind of lacking, and his grappling is the thing that is carrying him. Whittaker's boxing is incredible, and his takedown defense is as good as anyone. Luke will have a size advantage, but I think he gets boxed up and finished.

1 hour ago, Buckrock101 said:

I'm pretty sure his health problems were related to when he was trying to pack on extra mass to be competitive at 185.

It's still diagnosed as ulcerative colitis regardless and could have a big impact on him. He's on medication trying to cool the inflammation but I can see this being a problem in the future. Colitis is a big cause of dehydration and this could be an issue for even a minimal weight cut. 

7 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

I'm pretty sure his health problems were related to when he was trying to pack on extra mass to be competitive at 185. Think he's going to go back to 170 now. Lucky for Woodley, seems like he may have hit the jackpot. Although, depending on how long GSP is out, Woodley might defend against Lawler/RDA first.

Pretty happy to see the middleweight division straightened out and moving forward now. Can't wait for Whittaker-Rockhold. Feel like it might be rough for Luke though. Lately he's showing his striking is kind of lacking, and his grappling is the thing that is carrying him. Whittaker's boxing is incredible, and his takedown defense is as good as anyone. Luke will have a size advantage, but I think he gets boxed up and finished.

RDA/Woodley might be interesting because even if Woodley gets the TD, RDA is still great on the ground

Whittaker beats Rockhold imo. RW looked so amazing vs Romero and defended the TD very well vs him who also was a bigger opponent 

19 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I understand it and I’m definitely playing devils advocate but do we even know what kind of jaw Ngannou even has? Most people don’t know in the HW division until someone is on the mat

nah not really, but he's never been wobbled. took some shots from curtis blaydes who i think is a top 5/6 HW. 

Archived