MMA Thread | As the UFC Turns

beekay414

Also anyone else think it was super strange Reem came out so quickly trying to land that big shot? I feel like that and what Zingano did vs Rousey is such a hailmary but in the first few seconds like they think they have no chance so they just go for it. Didnt cost Reem the way it did Rousey but thought it was very weird. You spend all that time training in camp to come out like that round 1

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Also anyone else think it was super strange Reem came out so quickly trying to land that big shot? I feel like that and what Zingano did vs Rousey is such a hailmary but in the first few seconds like they think they have no chance so they just go for it. Didnt cost Reem the way it did Rousey but thought it was very weird. You spend all that time training in camp to come out like that round 1

It was his only shot - he knew he had to come out and hurt Frenchie really quick or he was in trouble. 

1 hour ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

It was his only shot - he knew he had to come out and hurt Frenchie really quick or he was in trouble. 

Do fighters really think that all or nothing right out of the gate? This isnt some scrub or newbie. Reem is a veteran that has been a contender or contending for some time now. Not like the Werdum fight where he took someone on last minute

15 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Do fighters really think that all or nothing right out of the gate? This isnt some scrub or newbie. Reem is a veteran that has been a contender or contending for some time now. Not like the Werdum fight where he took someone on last minute

Ngannou has finished his last four opponents within two minutes of the first round and finished the other two opponents in the UFC in the second round. I would it find it hard to believe that Overeem's team didn't take this into consideration when coming up with a gameplan. Overeem had to start fast and he had to hit Ngannou with something that would shake him or the fight was over. He tried and failed and the fight was over. 

22 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Ngannou has finished his last four opponents within two minutes of the first round and finished the other two opponents in the UFC in the second round. I would it find it hard to believe that Overeem's team didn't take this into consideration when coming up with a gameplan. Overeem had to start fast and he had to hit Ngannou with something that would shake him or the fight was over. He tried and failed and the fight was over. 

Dont most HW contenders finish their fights quickly though?

6 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Go tell me when the last time Overeem, JDS, or Werdum (besides Walt) finished someone in the first round. 

Those guys have been fighting way higher levels of competition. If you look at those 3 guys first 10 or so fights you see they have a ton of quick wins when fighting a bunch of JAGs

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Those guys have been fighting way higher levels of competition. If you look at those 3 guys first 10 or so fights you see they have a ton of quick wins when fighting a bunch of JAGs

You asked me if most HW contenders finish their fights in the first round - those are 3 of the top contenders (IMO) and they haven't finished someone in the first round in years. So I don't really know what you're actually asking if that doesn't answer your question. 

Just now, Remixxxxxxx said:

You asked me if most HW contenders finish their fights in the first round - those are 3 of the top contenders (IMO) and they haven't finished someone in the first round in years. So I don't really know what you're actually asking if that doesn't answer your question. 

I said quickly. 2 rounds in a 5 rounds fight is still pretty quick work

27 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I said quickly. 2 rounds in a 5 rounds fight is still pretty quick work

Finishing a fight quickly is finishing a fight within 3 minutes. Finishing a fight outside of the first round is not finishing the fight quickly. 

Clearly we have different thoughts on what quickly is.

Archived