Who are the top ten QBs right now?

patriotsheatyan

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Dak Prescott? He beat up some of the worst secondaries in NFL History this year: Giants x2, Redskins, Dolphins, Lions, Eagles... against real defenses he literally looked like a Bottom 5 QB. Saints, Packers,  Patriots, Bills, and Bears. Looked awful in all 5 of those. 

You can maybeee argue Top 15. 

to be fair, those are 4 of probably the 5 best defenses in the league this year. I like Dak. I think he gets too much hate, and I'm basing this off of the past several seasons and what I am expecting in the future. Dak is a franchise QB, never gonna be the type to crack the top 5 most likely. He's also playing with a first year OC and a locker room that isnt buying into the coach

18 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

List of QBs playing better than Cousin this season:

1) Lamar Jackson

2) Russell Wilson

3) Drew Brees

4) Patrick Mahomes

5) Deshaun Watson

6) Dak Prescott

Past that you get into QBs that are playing at a similar level as Cousins, depending on which stats you value most. Bottom line is he should be listed as a top 10 QB this season. If you want to weight seasons prior, that's fine. But right now, Cousins is unquestionably top 10 in the most important stats: 2nd in adjusted net yards per attempt,  3rd in adjust yards per attempt, 4th in yards per attempt, 4th in QBR. He's 7th in the NFL with 25 TDs on the season. And he's done all of this on the 20th most attempts. 

He’s having a great year no doubt, but you left out one of the most important stats for why he doesn’t belong.

6-29 against teams >.500

14 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

1. Tom Brady

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Lamar Jackson

4. Russell Wilson

5. Patrick Mahomes

6. Deshaun Watson

7. Ryan Tannehill 

8. Drew Brees

9. Kirk Cousins

10. Jimmy Garoppolo

Based on their overall levels of talent and not their stats. 

Brady is not a top 10 qb RIGHT NOW, hes declining and looks 42 years old. He hasn't had a game completing more than 60% since November 3rd. He hovers at 45-55% each week.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Brady is not a top 10 qb RIGHT NOW, hes declining and looks 42 years old. He hasn't had a game completing more than 60% since November 3rd. He hovers at 45-55% each week.

He has possibly the worst WR core in the NFL, Bottom 5 Pass Protection, no TE, RBs averaging 3.0 YPC, and McDaniels worst year ever calling plays. His arm talent is exactly the same from 2015. 

10 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

He’s having a great year no doubt, but you left out one of the most important stats for why he doesn’t belong.

6-29 against teams >.500

Great stat but those 29 losses aren't as a Viking. We all know what a crap show the Redskins franchise has been under Snyder. Most QB's have a losing record vs. above .500 teams. Stafford last season was 9-62. Nobody has a problem when you put him in the top 10. Rodgers was 17-26 as of last season. You need more than a QB to win.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Someone's gonna have to explain to me the difference between "Top 10 QB's right now" and "10 best QB's this season"

I don’t know why this has always been an issue with people. One season is no where near a big enough sample size to base a ranking list off of. And QBs have off seasons due to injuries, offensive line, receivers, terrible OCs, etc. You are not just a Top 10 QB one year, magically not one the year after that, and then all of a sudden a Top 10 QB again (using Ryan as an example). That person was always a Top 10 QB with things completely out of his control. 

If things were based on one season you are basically telling me Lamar is the best QB in the league, Cousins is Top 5-6, Tannehil is Top 8, etc. It’s just no where near accurate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

Great stat but those 29 losses aren't as a Viking. We all know what a crap show the Redskins franchise has been under Snyder. Most QB's have a losing record vs. above .500 teams. Stafford last season was 9-62. Nobody has a problem when you put him in the top 10. Rodgers was 17-26 as of last season. You need more than a QB to win.

Ding ding ding. Nobody seems to bring that up anymore they just praise Stafford, all the "He just doesn't win" energy has gone to Kirk apparently

It's a stupid laughable stat without any context, anyhow

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t know why this has always been an issue with people. One season is no where near a big enough sample size to base a ranking list off of. And QBs have off seasons due to injuries, offensive line, receivers, terrible OCs, etc. You are not just a Top 10 QB one year, magically not one the year after that, and then all of a sudden a Top 10 QB again (using Ryan as an example). That person was always a Top 10 QB with things completely out of his control. 

If things were based on one season you are basically telling me Lamar is the best QB in the league, Cousins is Top 5-6, Tannehil is Top 8, etc. It’s just no where near accurate. 

Cousins is in the Stafford/Matt Ryan range where he is capable of posting top 5 numbers with a great team but isn't going to carry a putrid offense on his back.

I think 6-10 range is accurate.

All the experts agree that Tom Brady is still the top QB in the NFL with one of the worst receiving groups in NFL history and a terrible set of running backs. Aaron Rodgers also has the 3rd worst receiving group this year as well. If you adjust their passing stats Tom Brady is 2nd and Aaron Rodgers is 3rd if you ignore their drops and their lack of talent on their teams. Guys like Mahomes and Brees are playing worst as their talent levels are the highest in the league, not because either are actually good.

1 hour ago, NeptunePenguins said:

All the experts agree that Tom Brady is still the top QB in the NFL with one of the worst receiving groups in NFL history and a terrible set of running backs. Aaron Rodgers also has the 3rd worst receiving group this year as well. If you adjust their passing stats Tom Brady is 2nd and Aaron Rodgers is 3rd if you ignore their drops and their lack of talent on their teams. Guys like Mahomes and Brees are playing worst as their talent levels are the highest in the league, not because either are actually good.

I agreed with this post and was like cool, bring that math! Then you said Drew Brees isn’t good and I wasted a minute of my life. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

He has possibly the worst WR core in the NFL, Bottom 5 Pass Protection, no TE, RBs averaging 3.0 YPC, and McDaniels worst year ever calling plays. His arm talent is exactly the same from 2015. 

Interesting because throughout the year he has had the best receiving core and what happened to QB's making the Wr's better. I've watched the Patriots play quite a few times and it isn't his receivers. His ball placement and accuracy has been hot trash this year. The way he is throwing the ball this year if they didn't have the best defense in the league they wouldn't even be a playoff team.

D.Thomas

Sanu

A. Brown

Harry

Elderman

White

Watson

Gordon.

7 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

Please show me. In my opinion Aaron Rodgers receiving core this year has actually been worst than Brady's. Truth is when your Qb doesn't throw the ball more than 8 yds down the field there is no reason he should have less than 60% completion rate.

Edited by MrnastiesNO
correction

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

What is so different about the Pats on offense this year compared to last besides Gronk?  They gave up a 2nd for Sanu who was a productive WR. Edleman is still there. Harry sucks, butthey traded away Thomas and there other WRs because they were apparently super loaded at WR. 

Brady suddenly doesn't have elite players and now we say everyone is the worst. Last year they won the SB despite him in reality, he had 2 TD 3 INTs in the playoffs. They won the SB by playing dominating defense.

They are winning this year because of Belichick and the defense again. Brady just got off a game throwing 128 yards vs the Bengals, with a 51% completions. You put a little pressure and unlike most QBs in the league, the dude can't move at all, hes old and slow. Next year he'll be 43, we'll see if he hangs it up after this season.