Rams trade Talib to Miami

.Buzz

21 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yea, all they did was help take us to a Super Bowl, but sure call them a bust.

How quickly we forget the likes of Tye Hill

Maybe I shouldn’t say bust but after only a season and a half both are gone. 

Talib was injured a lot of that time and Peters definitely had consistency issues.

Just feels like there was supposed to be more in store for them.

8 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Im always under the impression that teams will figure a way to keep players. The only way the Rams wont be able to extend Kupp and Ramsey while signing Fowler is if they choose not to. I think we look at someone like Brockers who could go but I think Fowler is what a team like the Rams need when Donald is getting double and triple teamed you need someone like Fowler who can beat one on one blocks and consistently get to the QB. When you have someone like that in your building you dont let him walk out. Fowler is right now having his best season so far. If he continues to play like this the sky is the limit for him and this Rams defense as a whole. 

Nah take a look at next years cap and you'll see it's going to be just like this past off season. There's a limit on cap space and it will result in some people we might want to keep going elsewhere like Saffold. Littleton, GZ, and Fowler with guys like Ramsey, Kupp, Everett needing extensions. Not to mention guys like NRC, Hill, Johnson and several others in 2021. Fowler IMO won't happen, Snead will take the 3rd round comp and run with it.

14 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Maybe I shouldn’t say bust but after only a season and a half both are gone. 

But we knew that Talib was short term, there was no doubt about that.

And anyone who actually paid attention to Peters in KC should have expected that we werent going to pay him what he was looking for (same reason why the Chiefs sent him to us)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Lol why not?

1. Cooks' contract and dead cap

2. Williams's age and cap hit in 2020

3. We can't afford to trade all our picks

4. If we're going to pursue an OL, I bet an interior OL is cheaper and fills a bigger need.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Good points. What’s Cooks’ dead cap?

$21.8 million hits our cap immediately. I've said this before, checking with a guy on another site to see if I'm right though. But it's not possible to trade him based on the cap hit. I've said this for months now apparently this mic is dead cause nobody hears it. 

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

Again with trading Cooks hahaha. Learn a bit about the cap before you suggest something like this. Or maybe listen to somebody who has?

c3421a9e823b430946cbf1514dd0bcb6.jpg

If you know about the cap then enlighten the rest of us who may not know as much instead of being condescending. 

Youre a bitter dude

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

$21.8 million hits our cap immediately. I've said this before, checking with a guy on another site to see if I'm right though. But it's not possible to trade him based on the cap hit. I've said this for months now apparently this mic is dead cause nobody hears it. 

I believe that is incorrect. I can explain why after work. But you're right that the cap hit makes a deal basically unworkable.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I believe that is incorrect. I can explain why after work. But you're right that the cap hit makes a deal basically unworkable.

You're right it's not immediate it's into next season. So if we traded Cooks $21.8 million hits our cap next year. We're slated right now to have just under $26 million with 41 players signed plus 7 or 8 draft picks (not sure if this traded pick was removed from the list. 

@rocky_rams that's why we can't trade cooks. 

• Like 2