Rams trade Talib to Miami

.Buzz

2 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

You're right it's not immediate it's into next season. So if we traded Cooks $21.8 million hits our cap next year. We're slated right now to have just under $26 million with 41 players signed plus 7 or 8 draft picks (not sure if this traded pick was removed from the list. 

@rocky_rams that's why we can't trade cooks. 

No, only $17.8 million hits the cap next year ($4.2m in SB and $13.6m in OB). If we were going to trade him, we'd trade him before we had to pay out the roster bonus. That's still too much, though.

25 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I don't know why y'all are treating Cooks like he's garbage.

I think it's because of the writing on the wall maybe?  I don't think he's going to hold up much longer, health wise. Too many concussions and he seems like the type who would like to retire early and venture life/the world sooner than later. 

39 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Honestly I’m not. I think he’s a solid player but I’m thinking into the future.  

Since we are so dense at wr I feel like he becomes expendable to use that cap space on an OL or Edge in the future years 

I know we won’t be able to pay all three of our starting wrs so I would rather keep Kupp and Woods because they are more affordable 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

No, only $17.8 million hits the cap next year ($4.2m in SB and $13.6m in OB). If we were going to trade him, we'd trade him before we had to pay out the roster bonus. That's still too much, though.

Theoretically, if the trade went down next year. For the number I was listing was if we'd traded him now making it $22 million. 

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

Theoretically, if the trade went down next year. For the number I was listing was if we'd traded him now making it $22 million. 

If we traded him now, it would be the same number I gave. The only way we get to $21.8 million is if we trade him after we pay out his roster bonus.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

This is weird to me too. Cooks is great when healthy. If Goff has time, I'm not sure of a better deep threat to plug into that role in our offense. 

Can't hold the concussions against him. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JonStark said:

This is weird to me too. Cooks is great when healthy. If Goff has time, I'm not sure of a better deep threat to plug into that role in our offense. 

Can't hold the concussions against him. 

1. Goff has not had time. So at this point it's cost and asset utilization. We are paying a premium for an under utilized asset. Now obviously based on everyone's explanation trading him doesn't give us the financial benefit we were hoping for so it's a moot point. But he's not garbage by any stretch of the imagination. He's the 3rd WR option at this point, could make the case he's 4th behind Everett this season and we are paying him to be a #1 option. 

2. Yes, you can because some of these concussions are of his own accord. He doesn't brace himself for contact and leads with his head occasionally like we saw last game. Being undersized is out of his control, how he chooses to deal with it is on him. 

Edited by BStanRamFan

15 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

1. Goff has not had time. So at this point it's cost and asset utilization. We are paying a premium for an under utilized asset. Now obviously based on everyone's explanation trading him doesn't give us the financial benefit we were hoping for so it's a moot point. But he's not garbage by any stretch of the imagination. He's the 3rd WR option at this point, could make the case he's 4th behind Everett this season and we are paying him to be a #1 option. 

2. Yes, you can because some of these concussions are of his own accord. He doesn't brace himself for contact and leads with his head occasionally like we saw last game. Being undersized is out of his control, how he chooses to deal with it is on him. 

That's easy to say right now, but do you really think the Rams went into the season assuming the line was going to play this bad? The offense was set up to run where Goff has the time to find a guy like Cooks deep on any given play. Neither Cooks' role in the offense or his contract are the problem, but people continue to find things to complain about aside of what is throwing everything out of wack. It's really simple, if the line plays well, the entire offense plays well and runs how it was designed to run. 

You really expect Cooks to go up for a catch and in a split second think "alright what's the best way to stick the landing" in mid air? This isn't a commercial where time just slows down and allows him to think it through. It's football, injuries happen.

• Like 1