AFC South Discussion Thread

.Buzz

4 minutes ago, iPwn said:

What the hell is Tennessee doing? Apparently they offered Mularkey an extension and then decided to let him go?

Not ideal.

Kind of funny they fire a guy after taking them to the playoffs and winning a game for the first time in how long though.

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Kind of funny they fire a guy after taking them to the playoffs and winning a game for the first time in how long though.

They were thinking of firing him after week 17, and then after the Wild Card had they lost either one of them. Mularkey was asked about it and he seemed pretty frustrated with ownership not squashing those rumors and letting them be a distraction for a team in the playoffs. Wonder if it actually was mutual - that they offered him an extension after the short playoff run as a bit of a platitude and he just told him he didn’t feel comfortable with a team that would do those things.

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

They were thinking of firing him after week 17, and then after the Wild Card had they lost either one of them. Mularkey was asked about it and he seemed pretty frustrated with ownership not squashing those rumors and letting them be a distraction for a team in the playoffs. Wonder if it actually was mutual - that they offered him an extension after the short playoff run as a bit of a platitude and he just told him he didn’t feel comfortable with a team that would do those things.

Yeah, just odd to see is all. I get the things that went on and why it happened, just kind of funny to see.

26 minutes ago, iPwn said:

based on what we’ve heard i think it’s pretty likely that they offered him an extension contingent on making changes to the offensive staff/system and he refused

congrats on the big win btw, much as i hate the jags it’s good to see the afc south reppin. division’s gonna be crazy next year

Edited by -Hope-

29 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

based on what we’ve heard i think it’s pretty likely that they offered him an extension contingent on making changes to the offensive staff/system and he refused

congrats on the big win btw, much as i hate the jags it’s good to see the afc south reppin. division’s gonna be crazy next year

JAX, TEN, HOU with Watson.

Going to be interesting.