AFC South Discussion Thread

.Buzz

4 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Y’all boys were quiet af after that L last week ? does it always take you guys until Friday to get your GDT up after you lose?

I mean, isn't that usually how it goes as fans? When you lose you're upset/pissed? Your forum was in shambles after the Miami game wanting to fire Vrabel/draft a QB in next years draft.

That's usually the monster of being a fan.

I usually create the threads every week. We lost, wanted someone else to start a possible streak. They didn't get to it til later in the week.

9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, isn't that usually how it goes as fans? When you lose you're upset/pissed? Your forum was in shambles after the Miami game wanting to fire Vrabel/draft a QB in next years draft.

That's usually the monster of being a fan.

I usually create the threads every week. We lost, wanted someone else to start a possible streak. They didn't get to it til later in the week.

Oh don’t get me wrong, we were pissed. Mostly because Delanie got hurt for the year and it turned out to be the longest game in NFL history, but we didn’t go ghost haha. 

Either way, we are still your daddy. 0-4 against a QB with a negative TD-INT ratio and Gabbert over the last 2 years must cut deep :D

5 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Oh don’t get me wrong, we were pissed. Mostly because Delanie got hurt for the year and it turned out to be the longest game in NFL history, but we didn’t go ghost haha. 

Either way, we are still your daddy. 0-4 against a QB with a negative TD-INT ratio and Gabbert over the last 2 years must cut deep :D

Well, instead of going in shambles every time we lose like your forum we just take a step back, deep breath, and move on. We don't go into crazy mode and call for everyone in the organizations throat. Too each their own I guess though...?

As for our matchup, it doesn't cut too deep. We won the division and made it farther in the playoffs this past season. We're doing JUST fine over here...

giphy.gif

Edited by .Buzz

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

Which player said it was the biggest game of their life again? ?

Words didn't need to be said, look at how y'all were celebrating/Lewan running around waiving a Titans flag across the sideline.

I mean, when your normal highlights of a season consist of beating a team twice in the regular season and Henry trucking a guy a couple times, I figured there wasn't THAT much to be excited about. But man...it's worse than I expected.

When Blaine Gabbert did this over 10 games in 2012, they called him the worst QB they've ever seen

iZCxQBG.png

But when Mariota does this over 23 games, he's as good as Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins.

sonyHWm.png

They're not coming from a place of logic.

Numbers wise, Marcus isn't better than many QBs, especially in the last two years. I won't use numbers to push a QB up nor put one down.  Stafford has statically been one of the best QBs in the league the last few years, however, I wouldn't rank him close to that. 

I think the reason Titans fans and many fans/analyst outside of the Jaguar community feel like Bortles isn't a good QB is because he doesn't pass our eyeball/gut test. While he had a remarkable season that time with Robinson and Hurns and statistically had a solid year last year, he doesn't "smell" right as a QB. 

Despite both Marcus and Bortles being two highly drafted 1st round QBs, there are widely different views of them as QBs. I could point to examples and then ya'll would point to your own examples. So it would be a pointless thing.

You are happy with your QB, great.
We are happy with ours.  

But ( here where it gets spicy..lol) you can't realistically think that any Titans fan will have any respect for Bortles given how he plays against us, same for the Jags team as whole. While you did have a great season last year and have played other teams well. As a Titans fan, it is hilarious to think of Bortles as anything but a below average QB with a great defense. You also have to understand that despite your one good year last year, you have years of bad football. (same as us). 
We swept your team last year and have won a good majority of the games between us the last few years. 
We beat your team again without our starting OTs and an injured QB, this year.
You finished the season one game ahead of us last year in the division (didn't dominate it.)
You advance one game further than us last year in the playoffs (didn't go to the Super Bowl). 
You have a signature win against the Patriots and we have one against the Eagles (and Jags and Texans if we are going off expectations.)

Let's not act like you have some established legacy to stand on, to look down on us this year.  The Titans team has a step up on your team mentally and statistically, lately.  Despite your views of Marcus a QB, he is I believe 5-1 against the Jags in the last 6 games. (5-2 overall). I'll take that all day and night for a "bad QB." So outside of just understandable hate for a division rival,  Marcus and the Titans have room to be boastful against the Jags. 

I'm not supportive of any forum member coming to another forum being boastful without cause. So please excuse anyone that has done so...

However, I'm just posting a point of view from outside the Jags jungle that is based on observable info...and opinion. :)  Titans aren't making Super Bowl reservations. We are just happy with a good win. Season isn't close to over. Long way to go. 

Continue on.... :)