BDL 2019 Week 9: Hawaii Nightmarchers @ Hungary Hippos

ny92mike

Hawaii Nightmarchers @ Hungary Hippos  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Hawaii Nightmarchers
    • Hungary Hippos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/2019 at 05:59 AM

6 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

He can play center, but that is not his position and not what he is used to.  Timing will be off, blocking assignments missed, etc. 

JPP plays better at DT then Marpet does at C imo.  

Marpet has played 11 games at center in his career. According to you JPP has one and it's not the entire game it is for certain plays. You are still operating at a lesser position than if you just started a beefy DT that takes on multiple blocks with JPP situationally flipping inside and to try to catch the interior sleeping. If he's there most of the game (or Landry who is in a worse position than he is given he has 0 experience at DT yet you plan on flipping him into that position to move JPP outward) he is just going to get washed. 

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

He is a DE/ lineman, why can't he play inside? 

He's an OLB in a 3-4.

There are some guys like Za'Darius Smith and JPP who have the size and strength to slide inside on certain downs and be effective.

Landry is too slight to hold up inside and isn't great against the run in his OLB role anyways.  

Having DE next to his name doesn't mean he can automatically do everything.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

He is a DE/ lineman, why can't he play inside? 

He "can" be slotted into any position on the field. He "shouldn't" be slotted into every position on the field including DT.

6 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

You can't do that after the fact.  

You mean like designate how you will shift your line to influence who people think would be your C after you learn someone was inactive xD

6 hours ago, pheltzbahr said:

You can anyone anywhere, doesnt mean it will be accepted or effective. 

I was told I couldn't do that.  Not that it's not a good idea lol, so I thought I did something illegal.  

I'm fine with our plan and think its gonna beat Hungary handily, especially now that their O-line is gonna be man handled by our pass rush and out LB's are gonna have a field day stuffing the run with their starting C inactive 

5 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

You mean like designate how you will shift your line to influence who people think would be your C after you learn someone was inactive xD

I was told I couldn't do that.  Not that it's not a good idea lol, so I thought I did something illegal.  

I'm fine with our plan and think its gonna beat Hungary handily, especially now that their O-line is gonna be man handled by our pass rush and out LB's are gonna have a field day stuffing the run with their starting C inactive 

Dillard's run blocking is solid. We saw that especially last week when Sanders exploded for yardage. Sliding Marpet also isn't a huge leap either. He already has played there as mentioned earlier. I've had Glasgow doing it all season. (He plays RG for Lions but played center his entire professional and college career prior at Center. )