Your 2019 MVP: Russell Wilson

BayRaider

26 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I feel bad for Wilson, writing is on the wall for him to have another fantastic season, his best yet, yield no individual recognition. Lamar is the relatively new, exciting, human highlight reel a la Mahomes last year or Wentz the year before, and media loves putting their hype into full gear. Doesn't help that Lamar is having a season we've never truly seen before w/ the rushing totals.... Don't get me wrong, Lamar IS having an MVP caliber year, but so far, it's still so clearly Wilson in my eyes. He has been so damn good, week in and week out.

Everything is recency bias. If Russ balls out tonight, on MNF, against the Niners, everyone will be talking about him again. If he has another good game tonight he'd still be #1 in my fantasy power rankings with Lamar at #2.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Malik said:

The next 3 games are probably going to decide how close Lamar actually is to being in the MVP conversation because those 4 close out games should all be blowouts by the Ravens.

Wait, what? Blowouts? The Jets are the only game where that should be the case. The Steelers have are playing at a very high level that started in their game against us. The Browns are a divisional rival that will surely have their “Super Bowl” playing against us. Then you’ve got the Bills with a top defense in the league.

Those aren’t games that you look at on the schedule and claim blowout. Completely disagree with such an opinion.

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Here comes all the Raven fans... Wilson is still by far MVP. Let’s see Lamar play this team. 

Lamar is behind both CMC and Watson for me at 4th. 

Absolutely not.

Also Lamar does play against the 49ers defense and that will be a common defensive opponent. However the 49ers are currently the 2nd best defense in the NFL to the Patriots. Lamar did a better job against that defense than Wilson has against the 49ers. So there’s that.

But I can still see this conversation as 1a/1b for Wilson and Jackson. That said I would now have Lamar as 1a and Wilson as 1b.

Just now, thebestever6 said:

Wilson is MVP Front runner but that talentless team argument is completely bs just stop it with that on here.

Absolutely. Clowney was beyond a force. That’s got to be one of the greatest defensive performances by a player this season. He was single handedly obliterating that 49ers OL.

Wilson had a good game though as well. It wasn’t effortless or simple, but he endured a lot of adversity to get it done and that was huge as well.

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

Absolutely. Clowney was beyond a force. That’s got to be one of the greatest defensive performances by a player this season. He was single handedly obliterating that 49ers OL.

Wilson had a good game though as well. It wasn’t effortless or simple, but he endured a lot of adversity to get it done and that was huge as well.

Which is ironic because Clowney has largely been invisible all year sans occasionally in run defense. He showed up tonight. Plus Quandre Diggs was a helluva grab for Seattle at the trade deadline.

• Like 1

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

How about Shaq Griffin saving that game in ot

• Like 1

Raven fans are ridiculous. Every time there team is good these 12 year olds come in full force. 

Lamar is not ahead of Watson as an MVP candidate right now. Laughable. Absolutely 100%. Let’s get some non-Raven takes? Oh that’s right, the take’s are already here, and most don’t have Lamar in their Top 3. 

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Lock the thread Russell Wilson is your MVP, folks.

This must be so fun for you. This is basically a Lamar vs Wilson thread with both guys winning and neither losing.

Honestly I would love it if this was the year for another Co-MVP assuming things hold on this line. Both Lamar and Wilson have shown their impact and have shown their ability to lift their teams.

• Like 2