Your 2019 MVP: Russell Wilson

BayRaider

Lamar has been pulled for an entire game, that would factor into the statistics as well.

Ravens have also been ahead with quite a lot of points in a number of games which could suggest less urgency to score but rather milk the clock.

I don't think we can use those statistics to prove much.

Just now, M.10.E said:

Keep going, you'll get there. 

Oh trust me, I've read the whole series of tweets and replies. It takes him about 3 changes to the number to get Wilson's right (maybe?), and I don't know that he ever gets Lamar's right. He has Lamar with 95 drives, but the Ravens have 112, and as far as I can tell Griffen has only been in for 9 (2 against Miami, Cincy, and Houston, and 3 against the Rams) which should add up to 103 for Lamar. And then all the while he leaves all the incorrect information up, because reasons.

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

Oh trust me, I've read the whole series of tweets and replies. It takes him about 3 changes to the number to get Wilson's right (maybe?), and I don't know that he ever gets Lamar's right. He has Lamar with 95 drives, but the Ravens have 112, and as far as I can tell Griffen has only been in for 9 (2 against Miami, Cincy, and Houston, and 3 against the Rams) which should add up to 103 for Lamar. And then all the while he leaves all the incorrect information up, because reasons.

Kneels I believe. I'm not 100% sure. Regardless, see my post above.

Edited by M.10.E

So this is from PFF, number of drives excluding kneeldowns and the nine drives played by RG3: 

• Jackson has 32 TDs on 104 drives, meaning that 30% of his drives ends with him either throwing or running for a TD.
  • Wilson has 29 TDs on 141 drives, meaning that 20% of his drives ends with him scoring a TD.  

Basically, up until today, if both players start a drive it is 50% more likely that Jackson scores than Wilson. 

Edited by evilflamingo
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, evilflamingo said:

So this is from PFF, number of drives excluding kneeldowns and the nine drives played by RG3: 

• Jackson has 32 TDs on 104 drives, meaning that 30% of his drives ends with him either throwing or running for a TD.
  • Wilson has 29 TDs on 141 drives, meaning that 20% of his drives ends with him scoring a TD.  

Basically, up until today, if both players start a drive it is 50% more likely that Jackson scores than Wilson. 

Not only that, but this only factors in that player. The Ravens as a whole scores points (field goals and TDs) on 58.9% of their drives, which is good for first place in at least the last 30 years. Roughly 2% higher than the next closest team.

Whereas the Seahawks offense scores on 40.2% of drives. Currently they’re tied with the Falcons for 7th place in the NFL this season. No QB has ever won the MVP award in an offense that was not top 3 in the last 30 years.

Unless Wilson can elevate his offense into the top 3 he would be a historical anomaly and likely only benefiting from sympathy votes for his lifetime achievement aspect of having a great career but never having seen legit MVP looks.

This isn’t to say he hasn’t been having a great year, but to this point I don’t see the MVP race as being all that close anymore.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

With that being said - let's assume Lamar Jackson wins MVP this year.

Who wins OPOY? McCaffrey? Wilson? Michael Thomas?

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Should still be Jackson. Mahomes won both last year. Jackson should this year.

Agreed. OPOY seemingly generally goes to the most exciting player of the season. If Wilson won, I would’ve gone Jackson for OPOY. But as it stands, he should be both.

Maybe you could say CMC or Thomas. But CMC has cooled down and he still isn’t on pace to break anything. So I would still go Jackson for breaking Vick’s record.

• Like 1