Make-A-Movie Draft Discussion Thread - Writeups due 12/9

rackcs

@daboyle250, is this based off a Fleming novel or is it an original idea?

@rackcs, I forget, is yours original or an adaptation?

And to everybody I tagged and @Pickle Rick, @The Orca, and everyone else, will you be writing a brief synopsis or plotting it out?  

Also, to anyone interested in this, I really am 6 unrelated-to-film credits short of having a degree in Film and Media with an emphasis on scriptwriting.  That really is the truth.  I’m too self-critical to put it to good use, but I feel like I do have talent, and I feel like I would be best suited as a script doctor if I didn’t choose a different career path.  If any of you want serious advice and constructive criticism, or if any of you want to collaborate on something, I do have a lot to offer there and I am willing to help.  You’ll just have to give me a writing credit or deliver my pitches once you make it in the biz.  I don’t work for free, but I do accept layaway type payment.  

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

@daboyle250, is this based off a Fleming novel or is it an original idea

It’s an original story with previously unused elements of Fleming featured, namely the Shatterhand character and the “Garden of Death” which were both used in the You Only Live Twice novel.

I think I’ll have an outline of the movie posted some time in the next week, not a full length scripted thing but it’ll give you an idea on the different ideas and elements that the movie will show.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

And to everybody I tagged and @Pickle Rick, @The Orca, and everyone else, will you be writing a brief synopsis or plotting it out?  

Also, to anyone interested in this, I really am 6 unrelated-to-film credits short of having a degree in Film and Media with an emphasis on scriptwriting.  That really is the truth.  I’m too self-critical to put it to good use, but I feel like I do have talent, and I feel like I would be best suited as a script doctor if I didn’t choose a different career path.  If any of you want serious advice and constructive criticism, or if any of you want to collaborate on something, I do have a lot to offer there and I am willing to help.  You’ll just have to give me a writing credit or deliver my pitches once you make it in the biz.  I don’t work for free, but I do accept layaway type payment.  

It's an original, inspired by a true historical event. I only took some basic film classes in college but I've always liked to write and this activity has somewhat rekindled that passion. I feel like I'm really good at ideas and pacing out a story and different stuff like that, I'm just garbage at dialogue which I think will always hold me back from actually being a real writer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rackcs said:

It's an original, inspired by a true historical event. I only took some basic film classes in college but I've always liked to write and this activity has somewhat rekindled that passion. I feel like I'm really good at ideas and pacing out a story and different stuff like that, I'm just garbage at dialogue which I think will always hold me back from actually being a real writer.

Dialogue is the easy part.  

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

@Pickle Rick, is this an original telling of the Roanoke colony, or is it an adaptation?

Hard to explain.  I described it to @rackcs as an historical reimagining of the lost colony of Roanoke.  

The plot and story come 100% from my brain, but uses the overall concept of the lost colony as the basis of the plot. 

I've started the script and sent what I had to racks to get his thoughts but know he is busy so I am just running with it. 

I can send it to you if you wanna take a look. 

I am in no way gonna come close to finishing it by Dec 2nd.  I'm just way to busy to do so.  

I am definitely going to keep working on it and really would like to complete a legit real full script, so if @Outpost31, @rackcs, @The Orca or anyone else would like to help I am all for it. 

I would also be curious as to hear if people think i should continue working on it, or if I just suck at this lol. 

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Dialogue is the easy part.  

Not for me. Maybe when I get a little further into mine I'll send it over to you and see if you wanna beef up that dialogue.

3 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Hard to explain.  I described it to @rackcs as an historical reimagining of the lost colony of Roanoke.  

The plot and story come 100% from my brain, but uses the overall concept of the lost colony as the basis of the plot. 

I've started the script and sent what I had to racks to get his thoughts but know he is busy so I am just running with it. 

I can send it to you if you wanna take a look. 

I am in no way gonna come close to finishing it by Dec 2nd.  I'm just way to busy to do so.  

I am definitely going to keep working on it and really would like to complete a legit real full script, so if @Outpost31, @rackcs, @The Orca or anyone else would like to help I am all for it. 

I would also be curious as to hear if people think i should continue working on it, or if I just suck at this lol. 

I started reading it the other day but hadn't finished yet. I'll try to get my thoughts to you soon enough.

21 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm not sure what we are suppose to be doing. I wanted to do a full blown script, but that would take way too long, then I wanted to do kind of a ten scene chapter style script but I think that would take too long as well. 

My plan is to do an extended background synopsis (its needed for my movie for sure) and then kind of an extended synopsis by chapter/act. 

I've somewhat finished the background. I loved how I started, but then I went to bed and when I picked back up I'm not sure it flowed well or was along my original thought process

• Like 1