Make-A-Movie Draft Discussion Thread - Writeups due 12/9

rackcs

3 hours ago, rackcs said:

@rackcs @MWil23 @The Orca @Pickle Rick @Outpost31 @Dome @Malfatron @FinneasGage @Elky @MikeT14 @daboyle250 @Deadpulse @Fresh Prince @bcb1213 @AlexGreen#20 @Daniel @JoshstraDaymus 

In case anyone hasn't been following along, the deadline for your final writeups will be Dec. 2. On that date I will post a thread for all of the final writeups and instructions for voting. In that thread you will post whatever writeups you have and tag me. I will then link it in the OP for easy access for readers. There are no guidelines or anything for the writeup, do as much or as little as you'd like. Any questions, feel free to ask me.

So December 2 is the deadline to post it here, PM it to you, or is that just the day that the thread goes up?

If there’s one thing I hate in a movie, it’s too much star power dragging it down.  It’s distracting, and it leads to you seeing the actor, not the character.  As such, Taron Edgerton is being replaced.  So is Tom Hardy.  Tom Hardy deserves a lead role that I cannot give him.  

If there’s one thing I wish The Thing had more of, it’s characters.  I’ll be adding another character or two.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If there’s one thing I hate in a movie, it’s too much star power dragging it down.  It’s distracting, and it leads to you seeing the actor, not the character.  As such, Taron Edgerton is being replaced.  So is Tom Hardy.  Tom Hardy deserves a lead role that I cannot give him.  

If there’s one thing I wish The Thing had more of, it’s characters.  I’ll be adding another character or two.  

I hate you so much.  Tom Hardy would have been perfect for my movie.  After his performance in The Revenant, he would have paired very nicely with DiCaprio, Sam Elliott and Jeffrey Dean Morgan 

Although I do love the balance of actors I have and the roles they play are built for them as individuals.  Put that all together, this should be a masterpiece without Hardy. 

Since people seem to be doing teasers:

Ubik

Adapted from the novel by Philip K. Dick

Corporate espionage, psychics, anti-psychics, half life.  Joe Chip, agent of Runciter and Associates Psychic Company has to navigate a dangerous feud between his employer Glen Runciter, and his business rival Ray Hollis. When an explosion on the moon leaves Runciter near death, but unable to enter the cryogenic comatose half-life, Joe and the survivors find themselves experiencing deviations in time and space, all while being pursued by someone or something that is sucking the life out of them, one by one.

Director Terry Gilliam brings another dark and dreamy look at a dystopian future in the mold of Brazil and 12 Monkeys.  When asked to describe the feel of his movie, he described it as "Blade Runner meets Inception."  He remarked how happy he was to be working with so many familiar faces, and that the cast's experience in similar roles made shooting especially enjoyable.

Mychael Danna reunites with Gilliam to do the soundtrack.  When asked, he compared the film's music to his Oscar winning score in Life of Pi.  "This is a very psychedelic film, and psychedelic music has its roots in Indian classical music, so I drew a lot of inspiration for this film's score from the same places as Pi."

Robert Downey Jr. as Joe Chip, a debt ridden, burnout technician of Runciter and Associates.  The disappearance of Runciter's top telepath has put his livelihood in jeopardy.

Stellan Skarsgard as Glen Runciter, the owner of a psychic/anti-psychic agency.

Natalie Portman as Ella Runciter, the wife of Glen, she has been in half-life for 20 years, but still helps her husband run the company.

Allison Williams as Pat Conley, a powerful young anti-psychic who can manipulate time.  She is Runciter's newest hire.

Paul Dano as Jory Miller, a young man in half-life.  He has begun to interfere with the visitations of the other patients in cold pack.

Jude Law as GG Ashwood, and agent for Runciter.  He is a friend and frequent collaborator of Joe's.  Law said that the role of Ashwood was combined with that of Al, a small character we see in the second half of the novel.

Peter Stormare as Stanton Mick, a lunar mining baron who wants Runciter to help him rid his company of psychic interference.

Jennifer Connelly as Wendy Wright, a psychic in the employ of Runciter, and an old flame of Joe's.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

In a real movie sure, but in something like this I don't think there's anything wrong with star power. I say go for it.

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Full disclosure:

My movie WILL NOT win an Oscar, but it probably grosses the highest in Summer of 2020 and is likely to be the most re-watched movie in theaters.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I like explosions.