Week 2 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Kansas City Chiefs - Sept. 17, 1:00 PM

Phire

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Isn't smith a well known game manager that limits turnovers?

According to DeMarcus Ware after last week's fluke game, a QB that is easily rattled into making mistakes if pressured and hit consistently. When not, very effecient. 

The main thing that I am interested in is if Mills, Robinson, and our other CBs can perform at the same level as last week without Darby. If we can get solid play from them I think we will have a chance in this game and it will be a really good sign going forward.

I am not confident going into this game at all, Arrowhead is a tough place to play and the Chiefs are a good football team. Maybe Wentz can pull out some magic tomorrow and get the W.

I don't have a lot of confidence in this one.

it's on the road at one of the tougher places. 

Andy Reid has had our number since leaving Philly. And now coaching against the guy he mentored, only the guy he mentored sucks.

Keys to the game will be stopping the run. I think it'll be more important than Tyreke hill. no matt3r what that dude will break at least one big TD off. Wonder who we will put on him. 

The thing I want to see most is how Carson does throwing deep. We need to hit on big plays down the field so we can open up things underneath for Alshon, Ertz, and Sproles. 

Unfortunately,  Carson has been one of the most inaccurate QBs on throws 20+ yards downfield since he came into the league 

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

According to DeMarcus Ware after last week's fluke game, a QB that is easily rattled into making mistakes if pressured and hit consistently. When not, very effecient. 

That's not true at all. He's had 4 multi-INT games in 4 years as a Chief. In that same time he's been sacked 4+ times in 16 games. Pressure really doesn't have an impact on Smith's tendency to throw interceptions. It just makes him less likely to push the ball downfield to any degree.

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

That's an interesting thought. 

Lurie reiterated on Thursday he wants to see the retro kelly green to make a return, and is actively trying to get the rule changed.

"I would love it, love it, love it to be able to bring it back," Lurie said.

"We're working with the league to try to get a second helmet. We don't really think the midnight green helmet with the kelly green uniform is what we want and what the fans really want. I don't think it matches very well."

The Eagles wore kelly green throughout most of the franchise's history. However, the team rebranded to midnight green in 1997, three years after Luire purchased the team — a move that never sat well with a portion of the fan base.

Now Lurie would like to right a wrong and at least restore the old-school look on a part-time basis. In doing so, he exposed a potential flaw in the one-helmet rule that's preventing kelly green from making a comeback.

"That's the hold-up. I don't know that they've had those discussions, but my hope is by next offseason, I'm going to try to push those discussions forward. And we're not the only team. There's other teams that want to see two helmets.

"That's what's holding us back, otherwise we would've had it this year."

Wishful thinking, but the fact that he is acknowledging that the fans like the KG is a good first step, plus it's crazy to think we could have had it as soon as this year.

25 minutes ago, Phire said:

Wishful thinking, but the fact that he is acknowledging that the fans like the KG is a good first step, plus it's crazy to think we could have had it as soon as this year.

Hopefully Nike would get the Kelly Green right. I don't like what they've done with the midnight green.

I actually think the shade of green Nike made for us is ugly. After all the trouble and like half a season of delay I think Lurie had to just kind of sign off on it because it wasn't ever going to get better in any sort of reasonable time frame. Nike really dropped the ball with the eagles. 

Archived