• Amari Cooper
    • DeAndre Hopkins
    • TY Hilton
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Keenan Allen
    • Michael Thomas
    • Mike Evans
    • Another player that wasn't listed

There are people that still want to give Thomas an asterisk.

Like the 150 receptions and 1800 yards he's on pace for are somehow invalidated because he's not a (consistent) deep threat.

He's one of the most dominant receivers I've seen, in that teams know he's getting the ball, there's no question.  And they know he's gonna run a lot of slants and not 40 yard go routes.  They still can't stop him or even come close really.  He can get force fed the ball and still produce.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

There are people that still want to give Thomas an asterisk.

Like the 150 receptions and 1800 yards he's on pace for are somehow invalidated because he's not a (consistent) deep threat.

He's one of the most dominant receivers I've seen, in that teams know he's getting the ball, there's no question.  And they know he's gonna run a lot of slants and not 40 yard go routes.  They still can't stop him or even come close really.  He can get force fed the ball and still produce.

There was a play today that he was triple covered and still found a way to get open, but he slipped and didn't come down with the catch. His ability to put his foot in the ground and stop on a dime is unreal. He's so big and quick...and with that ability to plant and make turns, it's just unfair. He is a legitimate MVP candidate this season (though of course he won't win it). It's going to take injury to keep him from having 100+ catches on a yearly basis. He's just unstoppable within 20 yards.

Edited by sammymvpknight

On 12/20/2019 at 9:17 PM, AlNFL19 said:

Just throwing some numbers up that sort of relate to this (through Week 15 now):

Julio Jones

• caught 81.19% (82 of 101) of his catchable targets (#53)
  • drop rate of 1.6%
  • average target distance of 12.6 yards (#33)
  • ranked #21 in "target accuracy" (exactly what it sounds like)

Michael Thomas

• caught 95.68% (133 of 139) of his catchable targets (#2)
  • drop rate of 1.9%
  • average target distance of 8.0 yards (#87)
  • ranked #1 in target accuracy

All data from https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/michael-thomas/ and https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/julio-jones

this speaks volumes. And it shows the thinking almost every rational person has posted about. But if you dont think Nick chubb is the best rb or winston the best qb you must be a hater as @tyler735 would like you to believe.

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

this speaks volumes. And it shows the thinking almost every rational person has posted about. But if you dont think Nick chubb is the best rb or winston the best qb you must be a hater as @tyler735 would like you to believe.

Falcons fans want it both ways. They want to make the argument that Julio Jones is the better receiver than Michael Thomas, but they also don't want to admit that Brees is a significantly better QB than Matt Ryan. You can't have it both ways.

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

Falcons fans want it both ways. They want to make the argument that Julio Jones is the better receiver than Michael Thomas, but they also don't want to admit that Brees is a significantly better QB than Matt Ryan. You can't have it both ways.

what an awful post. Me being a falcons fan literally has nothing to do with it.  Ive already said thomas is no worse than a top 3 wr, but that must just be because im a falcons fan right. I believe i might of also called him elite, but #falconsfan, am i right? Be better, period.

Oh, and for the record, drew brees has basically become a game manager. All time, sure, hes significantly ahead of ryan, this year or going forward not so much. just wanted to clear that up since its completely off topic.

13 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

what an awful post. Me being a falcons fan literally has nothing to do with it.  Ive already said thomas is no worse than a top 3 wr, but that must just be because im a falcons fan right. I believe i might of also called him elite, but #falconsfan, am i right? Be better, period.

Oh, and for the record, drew brees has basically become a game manager. All time, sure, hes significantly ahead of ryan, this year or going forward not so much. just wanted to clear that up since its completely off topic.

But you see...if part of the argument is that Thomas gets more catchable passes...then it reflects poorly on Ryan. But you can’t have that...

Just now, sammymvpknight said:

But you see...if part of the argument is that Thomas gets more catchable passes...then it reflects poorly on Ryan. But you can’t have that...

have what? Brees being game manager? Explain what that that has to be with being a falcons fan? Its completely separate than what Thomas is or not as well. Brees i dont think has come up once in the last 5 pages, although i could be wrong, you brought in brees on literally an entirely different subject.

26 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Oh, and for the record, drew brees has basically become a game manager.

No, not really.  In certain games, he's more game manager.  Teddy B was a game manager.  Brees can still win shootouts.

And Matt Ryan is not better than Brees this year.  Maybe next year, but not this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

When did I say Chubb or Winston are the best at their positions? For you to even compare Winston with Michael Thomas shows how illogical you are as a poster. Keep going though I always get a good laugh from your posts.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

No, not really.  In certain games, he's more game manager.  Teddy B was a game manager.  Brees can still win shootouts.

And Matt Ryan is not better than Brees this year.  Maybe next year, but not this year.

Falcon fan will keep saying it...and statistically, one day they will be correct. Good strategy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tyler735 said:

When did I say Chubb or Winston are the best at their positions? For you to even compare Winston with Michael Thomas shows how illogical you are as a poster. Keep going though I always get a good laugh from your posts.

you seemed to have missed the correlation there.

and @sammymvpknight, once again, just awful. at least your sticking with the absolute laziest way to look at something though.

• Like 1