• DeAndre Hopkins
    • TY Hilton
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Keenan Allen
    • Michael Thomas
    • Mike Evans
    • Another player that wasn't listed

9 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Would be silly to bring facts into this. Let them have their false narrative.

He has better hands than Julio Jones and is bigger and stronger than Hopkins.  Will be curious how he does when Brees leaves though and will see what he is like in the playoffs.  They could be knocked out 1st round if he has an off day.  As an offense they do seem easier to handle without Ingram in there bringing the power run game.  

8 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

He has better hands than Julio Jones and is bigger and stronger than Hopkins.  Will be curious how he does when Brees leaves though and will see what he is like in the playoffs.  They could be knocked out 1st round if he has an off day.  As an offense they do seem easier to handle without Ingram in there bringing the power run game.  

Yeah the Brees situation concerns me a lot less now that Bridgewater has has a solid sample size with Thomas with very little difference in production. Not saying his production won't potentially take a little hit, but I don't think it would a very significant one.

The Saints offense has been kind of unique this year in that there was several games with Brees hurt, Kamara suffering a high ankle sprain, and Jared Cook struggling early on. However as of late all 3 of those players have been playing excellent football, and gives us a few options besides relying only on Michael Thomas.

33 minutes ago, GamedayGuru said:

Please don’t me have to lay everything out. Saying he can’t maintain the pace without Brees, I would love to see his production in the 5 games he was out and project over 16 games to see in fact if he can maintain the pace without Brees. Confused why I have to explain this 

If Brees and Payton retire at the end of this season, you would expect to see no drop off in his production next year?

10 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

If Brees and Payton retire at the end of this season, you would expect to see no drop off in his production next year?

There would be a team drop off for sure.  Thomas will get force fed balls by any QB if the team doesn't get better receiver depth. 

If by drop off, you mean he will not have a record breaking season next year, well that's a normal drop off.  He may not have that kind of season even if Payton and Brees are here.

While Bridgewater was in the lineup, Saints were mediocre offensively, ~ about 15th points/drive, but Thomas still got his targets for the most part.  

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Love how weak this argument is. So you are going to cling to this 1 stat (that isn't all that important of a stat), and call it some sort of argument when Michael Thomas just set several records leading the league in most important stats for a WR during this historic season.

The Henry argument is laughable. I thought you realized this and backed off, but apparently not. Did Henry have a record breaking season? Has he had a record breaking start to his career through 4 years in several major statistical categories (which has been covered in this thread) like Michael Thomas has had?

so much is wrong with this, but gonna try really hard to not be a part of this dragging out for another 80 pages.

45 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

so much is wrong with this, but gonna try really hard to not be a part of this dragging out for another 80 pages.

In other words, you know you are wrong and it was a silly argument you were trying to make in the first place. Take the L and move on.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tyler735 said:

In other words, you know you are wrong and it was a silly argument you were trying to make in the first place. Take the L and move on.

Absolutely not, only that arguing with someone who is dead set on not changing his mind is a stupid endeavor. For an example, see Kamaras thread.

13 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

He's one of my least favorite players but Tyreek certainly has a strong case. He is probably more QB dependent than others but him with Mahomes is as good of a pairing as you can have. 

Within 20 yards, I'm taking CGM. Beyond 20 yards, I agree, I'm going Hill. The entire field is your red zone when Tyreek Hill is at WR.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Within 20 yards, I'm taking CGM. Beyond 20 yards, I agree, I'm going Hill. The entire field is your red zone when Tyreek Hill is at WR.

I agree with this.  And both of them are in the perfect situation for their skill sets.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Absolutely not, only that arguing with someone who is dead set on not changing his mind is a stupid endeavor. For an example, see Kamaras thread.

No you're simply afraid to admit you were wrong on Thomas and that the general consensus around media, fans, etc. is that Thomas is the best WR in the NFL. All you cling to is one fairly irrelevant stat to "attempt" to downplay Thomas's dominance.