Week 12 GDT: Packers at 49ers (Adams or Bust Edition)

AlexGreen#20

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

We should put up a Packers forum live stream with only our faces, that would be hilarious.  Of course some of us (mostly me) would be more distracting than anything else.  I also don't sit still if I am at home so I'd have to get like a selfie-go pro or something.  

Honestly, I was thinking something more intimate, like everybody cooped up in one single Man Cave. Better odds of groupthink meltdowns and sudden gratuitous violence.

8 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

I'm honestly a little surprised a group of guys haven't set up a livestream channel that's just about themselves watching football games. Set that up alongside however you watch the actual game, and you get your entertainment along with your sports if the guys are personable and/or drunk enough.

This is a thing btw

3 minutes ago, Reaper said:

I had a friend who proposed a podcast of guys who sit around drinking talking about football; you would have to drink enough to be drunkish prior to the show beginning just like you mentioned so you would be entertaining. If you drank enough you would presumably be very entertaining. It seemed like one of those ideas that sound great when your in high school and very high. The problem was he was in his late 30's as was I and neither of us was high. Thats when I ended my year long sabbatical from my actual profession and went back to work.

I mean, there are plenty of those.  I think some guys would be funny, and some would be trying too hard.  I would totally be down for that, if I didn't have to work on Mondays.  That is why I like the early games.  I can start drinking at about 11, get drunk and quit at like 4 and have no hangover on Monday.  No way I could get drunk for this game and still make it to work on Monday morning without feeling like trash.  Getting older sucks... or I just drink way too much once I start.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

I'm honestly a little surprised a group of guys haven't set up a livestream channel that's just about themselves watching football games. Set that up alongside however you watch the actual game, and you get your entertainment along with your sports if the guys are personable and/or drunk enough.

• Like 1

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

I mean, there are plenty of those.  I think some guys would be funny, and some would be trying too hard.  I would totally be down for that, if I didn't have to work on Mondays.  That is why I like the early games.  I can start drinking at about 11, get drunk and quit at like 4 and have no hangover on Monday.  No way I could get drunk for this game and still make it to work on Monday morning without feeling like trash.  Getting older sucks... or I just drink way too much once I start.

I debated going out to watch this but stopped myself because I'm sure it'll be a little tense and I'll drink entirely too much. I don't get all that hungover but it's still nice not being hungover at all. Saves a few bucks too I guess

2 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

Yeah, real life, I know, but I'm a neurotic bubble boy without the bubble, plus I don't drink, so...

You ever have a weird guy at parties who just hangs around in a corner? That's me.

Between Norm and me, I am sure we could cover for your non drinking.  I just either need the day off the next day or to man up and go through work feeling sick.  

Just now, cannondale said:

Nagler gets hammered and is pretty animated. I can't stand his watch partner though

I've never sat and watched it before but I did have a couple people IRL tell me they have and it was funny or fun or something. I figure this thread is enough side entertainment for me

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

I debated going out to watch this but stopped myself because I'm sure it'll be a little tense and I'll drink entirely too much. I don't get all that hungover but it's still nice not being hungover at all. Saves a few bucks too I guess

I never know how it is going to hit me the next morning, so unless I go to a Cardinals game, I usually don't drink when I have work the next day anymore.  Sometimes I can put down 10 drinks and be absolutely fine the next day.  Other times I will have 3 and I am miserable when I wake up.  Part of getting old, I guess.