Week 12 GDT: Packers at 49ers (Adams or Bust Edition)

AlexGreen#20

17 hours ago, Joe said:

and you have Baltimore coming up in your schedule too...

Be more concerned about Tevin Coleman going off...teams are under the impression that you run to set up the pass with us. We should be ready for both.

We are prone to giving up big running and passing plays.   :/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

Gonna be a pretty interesting inactive list this week with everybody (but Cole who would have been inactive anyway) healthy.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

What with Tonyan's reported availability, I've been wondering about the TE position. We gonna go with 4 on game day? Four seems high to me but...

If so - what position/player will take a seat? One area we shouldnt skimp at (IMO) is RB....i.e....for whatever reason, sit Vitale and just have Williams/Jones available. Not with the load they're anticipated to carry on Sunday. 

I say Lewis is inactive. No idea why I think that other than I want the younger, more athletic TE's playing. Plus, most of Sternberger's reps seem to be in place of Lewis, blocking. I could be wrong about that but he's been in blocking a lot on running plays. 

Guess on inactives:

Lewis, J. Jackson, Pankey, Ty Summers, Madison, Grant, Hollman

I could see us going with 4 TE's and making Dexter Williams inactive. 

Just now, Golfman said:

I say Lewis is inactive. No idea why I think that other than I want the younger, more athletic TE's playing. Plus, most of Sternberger's reps seem to be in place of Lewis, blocking. I could be wrong about that but he's been in blocking a lot on running plays. 

Guess on inactives:

Didnt realize that Williams had been an active player recently. Thought after Williams came back, Williams went back to being inactive.

I'd be surprised if Lewis's experience is put on the sideline...especially with a rookie TE learning the ropes and another just returning from what was a far longer stint on IL than I anticipated. Not sure I've ever heard exactly what Tonyan's issue was - but it sure had to be more than a bruised hip.

11 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Guess on inactives:

Lewis played 38 snaps against the Panthers. Sternberger played 15.

There's not a chance in hell that Lewis is inactive.

The inactive set will very likely be the same six guys:

Grant

Hollman

Jackson

Pankey

Madison* Can't go on IR until next week IIRC because he was up for this week in practice.

D. Williams

+++

Plus one of:

Vitale (listed as questionable)

Tonyan (listed as questionable)

Sullivan (probably the 47th guy with depth in front of him)

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It’s a rookie game.  Stern Engine with 2 catches for 47 yards.  Savage with an interception.  Gary with a sack.  Elgton with a good game blocking and doing that boring stuff.

Read an article where the writer said he should be in the rookie of the year conversation. Now, clearly a homer article but it does underline the point of how well he's been playing. Love for it to play out this way, with a Packer W! 

22 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Lewis played 38 snaps against the Panthers. Sternberger played 15.

There's not a chance in hell that Lewis is inactive.

The inactive set will very likely be the same six guys:

Grant

Hollman

Jackson

Pankey

Madison* Can't go on IR until next week IIRC because he was up for this week in practice.

D. Williams

+++

Plus one of:

Vitale (listed as questionable)

Tonyan (listed as questionable)

Sullivan (probably the 47th guy with depth in front of him)

I was wondering about this.

11 hours ago, Golfman said:

Read an article where the writer said he should be in the rookie of the year conversation. Now, clearly a homer article but it does underline the point of how well he's been playing. Love for it to play out this way, with a Packer W! 

Has an OL ever won rookie of the year?

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Has an OL ever won rookie of the year?

Not to my knowledge. If there were it would be Ogden or Munoz! Looked it up and the answer is no! BTW, Jenkins isn't going to win it either, but the homer article does underscore he's been playing really well. 

It's been over five years since the last time this team had a matchup with the 49ers that was significant. Of course, last time was a trifecta of disappointments that included two straight playoff eliminations.

Unless some bad habits on both sides of the ball are shaken off, this is going to be a long, stressful night.

I kind of want to chill in here for a bit of the game with you fine folk, since I know this GDT will be busy as all get out and probably make for a lively spot to be, but between the SF GDT and the Gen GDT for the game, I'm probably going to be too confused with working through all three of them. 

So best of luck fellas! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I kind of want to chill in here for a bit of the game with you fine folk, since I know this GDT will be busy as all get out and probably make for a lively spot to be, but between the SF GDT and the Gen GDT for the game, I'm probably going to be too confused with working through all three of them. 

So best of luck fellas! 

What the hell you doing in here?   who invited you?  Probably some moron:ph34r:

On 11/21/2019 at 7:29 PM, squire12 said:

@Forge

Heard there is a big game this weekend.   

• Like 1