Week 12 GDT: Packers at 49ers (Adams or Bust Edition)

AlexGreen#20

29 minutes ago, Leader said:

Bill Huber -  No Breida but Kittle and the WRs are up.

Didn't expect Breida back in. It kind of sucks, but most niner fans at least feel comfortable whenever we can suit up at least two of the three between Breida / Coleman / Mostert. 

Breida is the most talented and best back, but the others are solid if the line allows for it. Breida isn't good enough to fix the line on his own with his talent, so if the line struggles to run block, it won't make much of a difference. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I kind of want to chill in here for a bit of the game with you fine folk, since I know this GDT will be busy as all get out and probably make for a lively spot to be, but between the SF GDT and the Gen GDT for the game, I'm probably going to be too confused with working through all three of them. 

So best of luck fellas! 

Well, don't expect to learn much once the game starts.  There was a Lions fan that said he got dumber by reading our GDT, he was probably not that bright to begin with, but he also was probably telling the truth. Lots of jokes and lots of complaining about anything that isn't 100% perfect.  After the game we usually have much better discussions.  But during the game, look for funny gifs and stupid jokes.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Didn't expect Breida back in. It kind of sucks, but most niner fans at least feel comfortable whenever we can suit up at least two of the three between Breida / Coleman / Mostert. 

Breida is the most talented and best back, but the others are solid if the line allows for it. Breida isn't good enough to fix the line on his own with his talent, so if the line struggles to run block, it won't make much of a difference. 

Luckily for you guys, we only have one DLman.

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

Well, don't expect to learn much once the game starts.  There was a Lions fan that said he got dumber by reading our GDT, he was probably not that bright to begin with, but he also was probably telling the truth. Lots of jokes and lots of complaining about anything that isn't 100% perfect.  After the game we usually have much better discussions.  But during the game, look for funny gifs and stupid jokes.

lol so basically the 49er forum GDT? 

That's largely what we do...along with copious amounts of, "the sky is faaaaaaaaaaaaalling!!!!!!!!!" type posts. 

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

oh, okay.  You will be right at home then :D 

I almost always stay out of opposing teams' subforums.  

Depends on the subforum for me. Whether or not I know some of the fans, whether they are an active fanbase on the forum, etc. You guys are very active, have some fun, and I know a few of you, so definitely worth my while to stop in. 

I'm honestly a little surprised a group of guys haven't set up a livestream channel that's just about themselves watching football games. Set that up alongside however you watch the actual game, and you get your entertainment along with your sports if the guys are personable and/or drunk enough.

1 minute ago, Zycho32 said:

I'm honestly a little surprised a group of guys haven't set up a livestream channel that's just about themselves watching football games. Set that up alongside however you watch the actual game, and you get your entertainment along with your sports if the guys are personable and/or drunk enough.

I had a friend who proposed a podcast of guys who sit around drinking talking about football; you would have to drink enough to be drunkish prior to the show beginning just like you mentioned so you would be entertaining. If you drank enough you would presumably be very entertaining. It seemed like one of those ideas that sound great when your in high school and very high. The problem was he was in his late 30's as was I and neither of us was high. Thats when I ended my year long sabbatical from my actual profession and went back to work.

2 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

We should put up a Packers forum live stream with only our faces, that would be hilarious.  Of course some of us (mostly me) would be more distracting than anything else.  I also don't sit still if I am at home so I'd have to get like a selfie-go pro or something.