Ask yourself this one question, If Tom Brady had Jason Garrett as a HC, would he still be the GOAT???

resilient part 2

These questions are quite silly. Silly because cowboy fans need to remind us that Jason Garret is a bad coach. Therefore Dak can’t have a bad game. When he has a good game it’s all him. But when he struggles it’s all JG fault. 

No coach is perfect. And after year 4+ it’s all on the player to take/raise his game to the next level. Coaching is much like luck! When opportunity meets preparation. 

Cowboys are a bad team this year. They’ve regressed on many ends. And progression has been seen by the QB’ which is a great sign. But to anyone who isn’t blind! They aren’t contenders. They’re a tough out in the playoffs due to a very bad and poor division. It’s not their fault. 

10 hours ago, The Hitch said:

Brady has acheived some incredible things, and im very impressed by how he's still playing considering his age. 

But the way this defense and special teams is carrying the Pats to potentially a 18-1 season, with a SB this time, highlights again just how insanely stupid it is to give QB's credit for wins. 

Maybe best thing for people like me who think that Football is a team sport, really is for the Pats to just go all 85 Bears this year and take the SB with one of the statistically best defenses of all time. Will the narrative still be - Brady carried the Pats to another SB, like it bizzarely was last year?

No. People know this is a defensive driven football team and Brady isn't elite anymore. 

QB wins isn't a thing but at the same time the major reason for the Patriots success since 2005 was the offense and the QB.

3 hours ago, Elky said:

The 2011 squad was the worst defense to ever reach the Super Bowl. We generated a lot of turnovers, yes, but good God almighty my grandmother's corpse could have thrown on us that season.

Well, I mean turnovers matter a lot.  Saints went 13-0 and won a superbowl with a mediocre defense that got a lot of takeaways.  I'd love to have a defense that's number 3 in the league in takeaways and number 21 in points per drive if it's gonna be the worst defense I'll have in 20 years.

And it wasn't all that fluky, because the Pats were top 3 in takeaways for 3 straight years from 2010-2012, number 12 in 09, and number 10 in 2013.

For the record I think Brady is the GOAT, but he's definitely had a long stretch of competent, sometimes elite defensive play.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

No. People know this is a defensive driven football team and Brady isn't elite anymore. 

QB wins isn't a thing but at the same time the major reason for the Patriots success since 2005 was the offense and the QB.

Not 2005-on. More like 2007 to 2017. In that time, he had elite targets at or near their prime (Moss, Hernandez, Gronk) along with other good players like Welker and Brandin Cooks. Before 07, Brady never had a passer rating above 95. In their early SB winning years, his ratings were like Kurt Warner's one year with the Giants.

Just now, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Not 2005-on. More like 2007 to 2017. In that time, he had elite targets at or near their prime (Moss, Hernandez, Gronk) along with other good players like Welker and Brandin Cooks. Before 07, Brady never had a passer rating above 95. In their early SB winning years, his ratings were like Kurt Warner's one year with the Giants.

NE had a bad defense in 2005.

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

most defenses post 2004 were average. 2006 at the top of them spectrum, 2011 and 2017 at the bottom. But overall we can talk about 13 years of complimentary average defense.

There were zero elite defenses during that time.

Lmao this post is funny. I think you boys are spoiled. 

Last night you faced an average defense.

2 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

These questions are quite silly. Silly because cowboy fans need to remind us that Jason Garret is a bad coach. Therefore Dak can’t have a bad game. When he has a good game it’s all him. But when he struggles it’s all JG fault. 

No coach is perfect. And after year 4+ it’s all on the player to take/raise his game to the next level. Coaching is much like luck! When opportunity meets preparation. 

Cowboys are a bad team this year. They’ve regressed on many ends. And progression has been seen by the QB’ which is a great sign. But to anyone who isn’t blind! They aren’t contenders. They’re a tough out in the playoffs due to a very bad and poor division. It’s not their fault. 

Too bad we cant prep and be ready for teams. We've had stretches where things come together and we start clicking. But prepping and Jason Garret just dont go together. We have actually added talent this year and have regressed. That is not the sign of a coach who has a handle on things, JG can keep them from a terrible team but has no clue on how to use the talent that he has to build team chemistry which is what they need most right now. 

4 hours ago, Duff said:

I love this question. Brady is a great QB but absolutely he would not be the GOAT without Bellicheat. There are many QB's more talented than Brady who did not have the benefit of the greatest coach of all time. I would love to see Brady go to another team after this year to see how goo he is actually. I think he is very accurate and excellent at processing but his lack of mobility would really hurt him in other offensive systems. The proof in all of this is how great many players perform while playing for New England and then when they go somewhere else you never hear of the players again. Heck Bellicheat even had WR's playing DB and Lacrosse Players playing WR. I am a Steelers fan and I can't tell you how many times we had superior talent when going up against the Patriots and some how someway the Patriots always found a way to beat us and often times in an embarrassing fashion. The one thing I will say that is beyond frustrating to me is the Patriots get away with a ton of holding by their O-line and I believe that is just because the Refs want to protect Brady. They also get away with a lot of pick plays by their wr's and a lot of non calls on their secondary whom is very handsy. You ever notice when the opposing team has a big play some borderline penalty happens. I see it all of the time with teams against the Patriots. The Cowboys had two phantom tripping calls yesterday one of which was at a crucial time during the game. The calls seem to almost always go their way. 

This post times. 100

2 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Stop it. Dak Prescott is very capable of having great games and bad games on the Jason Garrett just like any quarterback with any coach current but if you don't see the huge disadvantage applying for a coach who is outcoached almost every game whether it's preparation or in-game adjustments, or hasn't one trash in 10 plus years of coaching, or another words the Marvin Lewis of the NFC,

So stop putting spin control like it's a Dallas Cowboy fan issue, no it's a head coaches trash issue

6 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Stop it. Dak Prescott is very capable of having great games and bad games on the Jason Garrett just like any quarterback with any coach current but if you don't see the huge disadvantage applying for a coach who is outcoached almost every game whether it's preparation or in-game adjustments, or hasn't one trash in 10 plus years of coaching, or another words the Marvin Lewis of the NFC,

So stop putting spin control like it's a Dallas Cowboy fan issue, no it's a head coaches trash issue

Facts remain facts. 

22 hours ago, SkippyX said:

If Peyton Manning was the Patriots QB they would have 2 or 3 rings.

If BB had Rodgers they would have about 2 rings.

Brady is the GoaT to the same level Gretzky or Babe Ruth is. There is no close second.

BB is an incredible coach (the best) but he’d be the first to tell you that players win championships.

I'll disagree here on some of what you said here, but I'll start by saying I do think Brady is the GOAT.

Baseball is a much more simple sport than football - you step up to the plate and you try to hit a ball. Yes things like who is batting around you in your lineup do matter, but ultimately I think circumstances matter much less in baseball for individual performances than they do in football. Babe was a revolutionary player who changed the game forever. Even a century later everyone (baseball and non baseball fans) knows who he is. 

Brady is IMO the goat, but I don't think he's just heads and shoulders above everyone else in the same way. I get that having 6 rings is great, but winning SB's is ultimately the teams accomplishment. (That Brady obviously played a huge part in)

And yes he would tell you that players win championships, but lets not forget that Belichick also is responsible for acquiring those players as well as coaching them.