Is it time to switch to a 4-3 defense?

Skippy

4-3 works better than 3-4 in Madden. 

I have held off on buying Madden.  This is the longest in my life I have gone without buying the newest version of Madden.  I am sacrificing my leisure time for the Packers.  Cannot say how well our current defensive roster would do in a 4-3 until the Patriots are eliminated from the playoffs and as long as the Packers are still in it. 

@Packerraymond

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2019 at 9:59 AM, squire12 said:

Regardless of the 3-4 or 4-3 or 3-3, it is pretty evident that GB needs another high quality DL player.    

The group of Adams, Lowry, Lancaster have just not cut it in terms of quality play/production.    I was hopeful that Adams would provide better play, but that has just not happened.

Early on in training camp I had heard rumors of this raw new kid Lancaster and how much of a breakout he could have this season. I went to training camp to watch and even heard a fan raving about how good he looks in shorts and we won't be missing Daniels one bit. Well playing in pads is different. Lowry to me is so/so. Lancaster, Adams, etc. all need to do a little more. I still think a early draft pick at this position wouldn't be out of the question. Heck I'm even for packing 10 more pounds on Gary and putting his hand in the dirt. 

• Like 1

Just now, Skippy said:

Early on in training camp I had heard rumors of this raw new kid Lancaster and how much of a breakout he could have this season. I went to training camp to watch and even heard a fan raving about how good he looks in shorts and we won't be missing Daniels one bit. Well playing in pads is different. Lowry to me is so/so. Lancaster, Adams, etc. all need to do a little more. I still think a early draft pick at this position wouldn't be out of the question. Heck I'm even for packing 10 more pounds on Gary and putting his hand in the dirt. 

Lowry had 0 sacks this year? That has to be a misprint?

45 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

A 4-3 defense requires more investment in "off ball" LBs than a 3-4 does.  Why on earth would we want to do that considering the state of that group.

Because 4-3 looks better than a 3-4.  I’m dead serious when I say that is literally the only reason I want a 4-3.  It looks nice.  

On 12/22/2019 at 11:30 AM, pacman5252 said:

Lancaster and Lowry aren’t really sad. They are do your job players. We can definitely do better and should add talent in the group but I wouldn’t call the situation sad. I’d take our current group over pretty much any line from 13-17

There was no reason to pay Lowry that contract and as far as my eyes told me he regressed this and regressed a lot.

1 minute ago, Skippy said:

There was no reason to pay Lowry that contract and as far as my eyes told me he regressed this and regressed a lot.

I was all for that Lowry contract but boy was I wrong on that one. He's got the physical build for the position, but he doesn't have the tools to beat double teams and gets locked up too easily by opposing linemen.

55 minutes ago, Joe said:

I was all for that Lowry contract but boy was I wrong on that one. He's got the physical build for the position, but he doesn't have the tools to beat double teams and gets locked up too easily by opposing linemen.

Not just Lowry ... except for Clark , Packers need a revamped interior DL.  Maybe Keke will pan out but everybody else can be long gone.  If they have another season of not being able scheme wise to stop the run ... Pettine can join them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

There current defense uses booth 3/4 and 4/3.

There are?

Their?

If you are trying to say the Packers use a 4-3, not really. They use some even fronts, even 4 with the edge standing up in the nickle but they never use 4 actual down linemen with 3 off ball LB.

9 minutes ago, spilltray said:

There are?

Their?

If you are trying to say the Packers use a 4-3, not really. They use some even fronts, even 4 with the edge standing up in the nickle but they never use 4 actual down linemen with 3 off ball LB.

How about when they use 2 linemen? By the way speech to text doesn't always work.

25 minutes ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

How about when they use 2 linemen? By the way speech to text doesn't always work.

I despise the 2 down linemen...unless its obvious passing downs and you run 3 OLB with the 2 down lineman, it just leaves you vulnerable to the run...especially when you typically have just one ILB.