Prospects to keep an eye on for the Bucs

indifference

21 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

Kerryon Johnson needs to be our starting back this season. 

Good size at 6’-215lbs. 40” vertical and just ran 4.54 - 40 at his pro day. Can stay on the field on all three downs. It’s scary to me how similar Johnson and Bell run. Both show great patience around the line when waiting for holes and setting up their blocks.

He's been the forgotten RB so far. Everyone else has dazzled and put up impressive numbers. But Johnson was a badass for Auburn last year. I'd rank the RBs:

Barkley, Guice, Chubb/Michel, Johnson

:::EDIT:::

I might even put him in the Chubb/Michel group. It's hard to really separate them.

2 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

The forgotten back seems to be the kid from Oregon. Royce Freeman. Great vision and speed and ball security. He may be Jordan Howard 2.0 

He could probably be had in the fourth. Would allow us to focus more on both lines early.

36 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

So trade down cadidate: miami ? Is 15 too far to move down and get Davenport? I know Arizona is in dire need for a qb. 

Saquon Barkley, Quenton Nelson, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Bradley Chubb, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Derwin James, Vita Vea, Denzel Ward, and Orlando Brown are all more than likely going to be top 15 picks. Then you've got guys like Tremaine Edmunds, Roquan Smith, Baker Mayfield/Lamar Jackson/Josh Allen, Da'Ron Payne, Josh Jackson, Calvin Ridley, Mike McGlinchey, and Harold Landry that could all sneak into the top 15.

Davenport should also be in the top 15, but it's hard to tell. That's 19 or so guys. And there's always a surprise or two.

My question would be: if we move down to 15 and Davenport, Fitz, James, Vea, and Payne are all gone, who do we take?

Not sure our spot would be the target for the Cards. They need to get in front of the Phins so there’s Bears, 9ers, and Raiders to deal with. Unless they want as high as they can get in fear of the Phins trading up. Fifteen is a little farther than I’d like to drop. 

2 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

Not sure our spot would be the target for the Cards. They need to get in front of the Phins so there’s Bears, 9ers, and Raiders to deal with. Unless they want as high as they can get in fear of the Phins trading up. Fifteen is a little farther than I’d like to drop. 

The trade wouldn't happen until we're on the clock. So whoever we traded with would know who they were getting.

Barkley, Chubb, and Nelson are probably the only three non-QBs who are going in the top six. Unless Ward sneaks in. Is a team gonna wanna move up for who would be the fourth QB?

12 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The trade wouldn't happen until we're on the clock. So whoever we traded with would know who they were getting.

Barkley, Chubb, and Nelson are probably the only three non-QBs who are going in the top six. Unless Ward sneaks in. Is a team gonna wanna move up for who would be the fourth QB?

Phins are all over Mayfield aren’t they? Maybe they fear a team will jump them for him and try and move up as far as they can. 

8 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

Phins are all over Mayfield aren’t they? Maybe they fear a team will jump them for him and try and move up as far as they can. 

Oh. I don't know. Last I heard was that Tannehil was their QB. But that doesn't mean anything this time of year.

Archived