Prospects to keep an eye on for the Bucs

indifference

5 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

I don't see a way we get Chubb or Barkley unless we trade up. 

If we do bring on another corner Nelson, Davenport, Vea, and James is where I'm at right now if we stay at seven. 

We move back Landry would be the guy.

Never say never.

yeah it’s probably a pipe dream but so was O.J. Howard at 19. The only way I see us having a chance for Chubb is if Buffalo trades with Indy. Then it would have to be 4 QBs Barkley and Nelson as the top 6.

Or maybe Cleveland shocks everybody and takes Fitzpatrick at 4. Shaping up to be a very fun draft.

13 minutes ago, What_The_Buc said:

Never say never.

yeah it’s probably a pipe dream but so was O.J. Howard at 19. The only way I see us having a chance for Chubb is if Buffalo trades with Indy. Then it would have to be 4 QBs Barkley and Nelson as the top 6.

Or maybe Cleveland shocks everybody and takes Fitzpatrick at 4. Shaping up to be a very fun draft.

I said “I don’t see a way” not “never happen” ;)

There’s plenty of good backs to be had so not a huge worry. I’d even look at Hyde if FA to plug at least one hole. 

33 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

When's the last time the top pass rusher wasn't drafted within the top five picks of the draft? Has it EVER happened?

2012, the Mark Barron draft. In 2011, Von Miller went 2nd overall, but he was always viewed as a 3-4 OLB.  In 2010.  GMC draft in 2010.  I believe Chubb has a chance to drop because I dont think he is viewed as having ability to play 3-4 OLB.  The only 4-3 teams ahead of the Bucs are the Colts and Browns.  Browns drafted 2 DEs in first round recently, granted new regime.  If your Indy, would you draft Chubb or take the haul Buffalo is willing to offer to get their QB?  That s the big queztion.

I hope Hyde going to Cleveland means they don't draft Barkley. They still have Duke Johnson. Number four might be traded now.

Nelson and Chubb have to be locks in the top six. But there's no way four QBs go in those other four slots, right?

Do we trade up if Barkley falls to Denver at five? It definitely seems like we're going all in on drafting a workhorse at RB.

I expect Darnold to go to Cleveland and someone to take Allen at two.

The Colts two biggest needs are Nelson and Chubb, but a trade back is possible. A trade would mean a third QB taken.

I think the Browns take Chubb if Indy doesn't. Or they'll try like hell to trade back so someone else (Denver or the Jets?) can take a QB.

We could see Darnold at one, Allen at two, Nelson at three, and Chubb at four. A trade bumps one of Nelson or Chubb down. 

There's a (small) chance Nelson, Chubb, or Barkley fall to seven. Minnesota signing Cousins leaves everyone else still in search of a QB.

Archived