Jump to content
indifference

Prospects to keep an eye on for the Bucs

Recommended Posts

I forgot to do the annual thread due to the new forum switch over but here's some potential needs the Buccaneers may have heading into the next years draft.

 

This thread is intended for sleepers or risers who will be good targets for us in the draft

 

CB: Kevin Toliver II CB LSU - I'm not sure if he's getting a ton of hype right now but he is an intriguing corner with his size and speed ratio. LSU has pumped out some quality defensive backs lately and I think he is next up. Could go late first early second barring a strong combine and solid rest of the season if he declares.

DE: Bradley Chubb DE NC State - Underrated productive DE, going to watch if he can keep up the consistency. He is a lot bigger than Spence and could be a good replacement for Robert Ayers.

 

Feel free to chime in

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

never too early to think prospects:D

i dont really know who will be in the 8-20 range

i like the DBs from FSU , Derwin and idk the other guy

SaQuan Barkley would be nice too 

 

we need DE bad 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

College Football Saturday. How bout one of these guys in the 1st?

Bradley Chubb: DE - NC State

Arden Key: DE - LSU

Austin Bryant: DE - Clemson

Quin Blanding: S - Virginia

Ronnie Harrison: S - Alabama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RgfxMu4CW0NKMZebZ88cgg7b7MlszjfzXxEeId7Y34/edit?usp=sharing

My 2018 NFL Draft Database. 

Over 1,000 players. Player name links to college player page. Height/Weight links to NFLDraftScout prospect page. Report links to my Word Document background and eventual evaluation. 

If you have questions/additions/suggestions/etc PM me.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bradley Chubb DE NC state. Absolute stud. 

Mark Walton RB Miami. Underrated stud with speed and vision. Tough inside the tackles too. Day two prospect for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Bradley Chubb DE NC state. Absolute stud. 

Mark Walton RB Miami. Underrated stud with speed and vision. Tough inside the tackles too. Day two prospect for sure. 

1. DE - Chubb 2. CB - ? 3. RB - Walton?

Free Agency: Cut Sims and have Quizz be the RB 3. Sign a DE or QB and if Grimes can still play bring him back. At worst he'll be a nickel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched Bradley Chubb film vs FSU. I'm sold, that this is the guy we NEED to draft in the first round. Chubb plays both the run and pass well and his hand movement is great. I'm not sure how high he is projected to go. But based off what I've seen he looks like a top 15 pick that could go as high as top 10. He would fix this defense from day 1.

 

Plenty of corner prospects too in this draft class. I'd like to get a lengthy one in round 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Free Agents: 

Demarcus Lawrence or Malcolm Butler

Draft:

1st: Bradley Chubb: DE, NC State or Arden Key: DE, LSU

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Free Agents: 

Demarcus Lawrence or Malcolm Butler

Draft:

1st: Bradley Chubb: DE, NC State or Arden Key: DE, LSU

 

 

Lawrence will be tagged. No way dallas can let their only pass rusher go right? Lol 

butler is definitely a realistic possibility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Lawrence will be tagged. No way dallas can let their only pass rusher go right? Lol 

butler is definitely a realistic possibility. 

Agreed. Considering NE is paying Gilmore stupid money and Butler has been in the dog house on and off this season, they will probably let him walk. Assuming Grimes retires, have Butler start one side with VH3 in nickel and a draft pick starting opposite Butler.

Draft a legit DE and please have this guy pan out. With the development of Justin Evans and better coaching we'd have to see a huge defensive improvement right?

Edited by Lil' Shorty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2017 at 2:14 PM, REDandPEWTER said:

And RB. 

i honestly think RB isnt a need at all

we have martin, and hes under contract for awhile, barring his release or trade we dont need a back

for some reason we love Sims ( cant stand him) we have Quizz (meh) and no one wants to let peyton barber carry the rock (idk why)

but ill say it til im blue in the face we need a DE and a CB and thats all we should draft lol IMO we have to hit on somethin if thats all we take

23 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Agreed. Considering NE is paying Gilmore stupid money and Butler has been in the dog house on and off this season, they will probably let him walk. Assuming Grimes retires, have Butler start one side with VH3 in nickel and a draft pick starting opposite Butler.

Draft a legit DE and please have this guy pan out. With the development of Justin Evans and better coaching we'd have to see a huge defensive improvement right?

butler would be nice,  doubt we can convince him to come here though

 

maybe we need a scheme change to a 3-4

idk

its not like we have any DEs anyway,  have the DLine look like Gholston/Ayers, Baker at nose, and McCoy 5tec then play David , Beck , Kwon , Spence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

maybe we need a scheme change to a 3-4

idk

its not like we have any DEs anyway,  have the DLine look like Gholston/Ayers, Baker at nose, and McCoy 5tec then play David , Beck , Kwon , Spence

The problem with that is that it's more of a 4/3 over than a true 3/4. The only real difference would be that Spence is standing.

We're stuck in that ugly in between right now. We have guys who excel in the 4/3 (David, Kwon, McCoy) and guys who excel, or probably would, in the 3/4 (Baker, Spence, Beckwith).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×