Prospects to keep an eye on for the Bucs

indifference

4 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

So now that we have a legit shots what’s everyone’s ranking of Nelson, Barkey, Chubb.

To me I think I have it ranked

1 - Chubb

2 - Barkey

3 - Nelson 

With so far not adding a DE through draft and potentially having the best drop to us. We need to take him. After that, but real close would be Barkey. We haven't had a good RB like Barkey could be in a whole time. I would love him to run behind the line we have built so far. 

I would love Nelson also, but looking at the Indy fourm it's looking like they all want Nelson.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

I wanna know everyone's top five.

1) Chubb

2) Barkely/Nelson

3) Nelson/Barkely 

4) James 

5) Davenport 

I wanted Doug gone and a legit pig for so long buuuuuuut adding a big nasty to the online and going with Guice with our second pick (trade up) looks really nice as well.

1. Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State - He's probably still the best one available even if you include free agency. We need an outside rush in the worst way.
  2. Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State - The sexiest pick in the draft happens to line up with our second biggest need. We helped our oline a bit with Jensen. Barkley is a true three down back and a guy we can give 300+ touches to without having to eff around with personnel.
  3. Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame - He might be the best player in the draft. And taking him gives us a top 10 oline, easily. We won't need a Barkley with three maulers on the inside like we'd have with a Nelson pick.
  4. Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama - I'm still on the train, even though I haven't been talking about him to the point of annoyance. He's a bigger Tyrann Mathieu. And I think that's exactly what we need on our defense.
  5. Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa - Say whaaaa???? Yup. I think he would excel in our zone scheme. He's long, he's got great athleticism, great instincts, and (most importantly) he's got great ball skills. I think he could be our Josh Norman. 

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:
  1. Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State - He's probably still the best one available even if you include free agency. We need an outside rush in the worst way.
  2. Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State - The sexiest pick in the draft happens to line up with our second biggest need. We helped our oline a bit with Jensen. Barkley is a true three down back and a guy we can give 300+ touches to without having to eff around with personnel.
  3. Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame - He might be the best player in the draft. And taking him gives us a top 10 oline, easily. We won't need a Barkley with three maulers on the inside like we'd have with a Nelson pick.
  4. Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama - I'm still on the train, even though I haven't been talking about him to the point of annoyance. He's a bigger Tyrann Mathieu. And I think that's exactly what we need on our defense.
  5. Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa - Say whaaaa???? Yup. I think he would excel in our zone scheme. He's long, he's got great athleticism, great instincts, and (most importantly) he's got great ball skills. I think he could be our Josh Norman. 

I like this, but one question,  Is Chubb the best prospect, or the best prospect considering the Bucs roster right now?  I know it looks like semantics, not meant to be just curious.  My top 5 is my opinion of best 5 non-QBs.

4 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I like this, but one question,  Is Chubb the best prospect, or the best prospect considering the Bucs roster right now?  I know it looks like semantics, not meant to be just curious.  My top 5 is my opinion of best 5 non-QBs.

Best prospect overall? I don't think so. I think Barkley and Nelson are clearly ahead of him.

But I think he's the best prospect for us given need and value. And that's what I based my top five on.

My overall prospects would probably look a little different. But then you get into more semantics like ceiling, quickest contributor, etc.

9 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Best prospect overall? I don't think so. I think Barkley and Nelson are clearly ahead of him.

But I think he's the best prospect for us given need and value. And that's what I based my top five on.

My overall prospects would probably look a little different. But then you get into more semantics like ceiling, quickest contributor, etc.

Cool, thanks

Archived