Prospects to keep an eye on for the Bucs

indifference

So if Nelson and Barkley are gone do we select James or still try and move back? I think he's worth a top ten pick. Do we gamble losing him and if so who would we want at 11 or 12? Jackson, Payne, G?

As of today James is the guy I want and take a seven.  

1 minute ago, deuces22wild said:

So if Nelson and Barkley are gone do we select James or still try and move back? I think he's worth a top ten pick. Do we gamble losing him and if so who would we want at 11 or 12? Jackson, Payne, G?

As of today James is the guy I want and take a seven.  

Recouping that third we traded would be nice. 

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

Recouping that third we traded would be nice. 

It would be nice, but let's say all the QB are gone I don't know if anyone will trade up? Is there 1 player there that a team could trade up for?

Just now, xlfrosti said:

It would be nice, but let's say all the QB are gone I don't know if anyone will trade up? Is there 1 player there that a team could trade up for?

If four (or more) QBs go before us, we should stay at seven and take Barkley/Chubb/Nelson. The extra pick can suck it.

8 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

So what you guys think looking back Robert Quinn for a 4th or JPP for a 3rd?   

Well. We actually got JPP. So that one. ?

But honestly, I don't mind either one. I'm just glad something happened.

I think JPP is the better player. But their career arcs are eerily similar.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

Well. We actually got JPP. So that one. ?

But honestly, I don't mind either one. I'm just glad something happened.

I think JPP is the better player. But their career arcs are eerily similar.

sorry i posted in the wrong thread  B|     But yea I think they are pretty similar career wise.  I would take JPP though because less of an injury concern.

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

After today, I have a little more bro love for my 2 guys Da Ron Payne and Nathan Shephard.  Good catch by @bucsfan333 about outside rusher next year, take advantage of the depth this year in the interior.  Outside of GMC, there is minimal pass rush from the DT spot right now.  

I think we could use an upgrade at NT. Curry can play DT on third downs and Spence comes on the field.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

We just signed two NTs. And we've got Stevie T. That's one thing I don't think we'll do.

I advocate drafting a DT early.  Shephard, Payne, and even Vea fits the bill.  I wouldnt even be opposed to Hurst with a trade down and his medical checkkng out

There is 1 guy on the roster right now who is under 25 on the dline.  The additions are nice, but this is an older unit.  Draft a guy esrly and let him rotate and learn. 

13 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I advocate drafting a DT early.  Shephard, Payne, and even Vea fits the bill.  I wouldnt even be opposed to Hurst with a trade down and his medical checkkng out

Speaking of...

Cardiologists at Harvard and the University of Michigan have cleared Michigan DT Maurice Hurst to resume playing football.

Hurst was diagnosed with a heart condition at the NFL Combine, which prevented him from participating in on-field drills. After he was cleared by two sets of heart doctors, Hurst will perform a full workout in front of NFL teams at Michigan's Pro Day on Friday. On game tape, Hurst is arguably a top-ten prospect in this draft. He is a poor man's Aaron Donald at 6-foot-1, 292.

I'd love for him to drop to the seconds round, which is likely... 

Archived