Prospects to keep an eye on for the Bucs

indifference

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

A unique list.  Could James go even before 7?

In another year yes he definetly could but this year being such a weird year with teams needing quarterbacks and multiple quarterbacks holding first round grades I just don’t see it happening. You’re gonna see either 3-4 quarterbacks go Chubb,Barkley,and Nelson in no particular order.

James is the guy I want. His personality and passion for the game is Kwon 2.0. Just in a safety form. Hawley was asked before he retired what this team needed and his answer was another defensive lineman (we signed 4) and a big playmaking safety. That’s Derwin.

56 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

@eggybucsfan31 will be happy.  I really struggle with this because after the big 3 secondary has the better prospects, but on dline they are 1 or 2 injuries away from Will Clarke getting a lot of snaps.  Considering age and injury history of dline, injuries are expected 

That would be a reach IMO. I don't even have Vea in my top 3 of DT's...

16 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

That would be a reach IMO. I don't even have Vea in my top 3 of DT's...

I do see the value in Vea.  His size and atleticism is ridiculous.  His ability to take on a double team and not be moved is impressive. Watching Baker and McDonald get pushed out of the way I appreciate DTs who can anchor.  My question with Vea has been get off.  Was it scheme related because he was 2 gapping.  Or is he just that slow off the ball?  If it is scheme, being able to play 3 or 5 technique along with 1 is extremely rare.  Very few guys have done it.  Receny memory Ngata and Wilfork.  I would like to see a DT drafted this year.

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

I do see the value in Vea.  His size and atleticism is ridiculous.  His ability to take on a double team and not be moved is impressive. Watching Baker and McDonald get pushed out of the way I appreciate DTs who can anchor.  My question with Vea has been get off.  Was it scheme related because he was 2 gapping.  Or is he just that slow off the ball?  If it is scheme, being able to play 3 or 5 technique along with 1 is extremely rare.  Very few guys have done it.  Receny memory Ngata and Wilfork.  I would like to see a DT drafted this year.

Drawing a lot of comps to his former UW alum Danny Shelton. That's not a good thing...

From the limited amount I've seen on him, he's slow off the ball. Good against the run no doubt, but not sure what he really offers as a pass rusher at the next level. Some seem to think he'll take the next step and some think it won't translate. Too many question marks for my liking inside the top ten...

My board for 1st round DT talents:

1. Taven Bryant

2. Maurice Hurst

3. Da'Ron Payne

On 3/24/2018 at 1:29 PM, What_The_Buc said:

In another year yes he definetly could but this year being such a weird year with teams needing quarterbacks and multiple quarterbacks holding first round grades I just don’t see it happening. You’re gonna see either 3-4 quarterbacks go Chubb,Barkley,and Nelson in no particular order.

James is the guy I want. His personality and passion for the game is Kwon 2.0. Just in a safety form. Hawley was asked before he retired what this team needed and his answer was another defensive lineman (we signed 4) and a big playmaking safety. That’s Derwin.

You need a couple of freak ATH in the secondary nowadays. James will be help playing monsters like Julio Jones. 6’3 215 hell he is going to be useful for red zone defensive purposes. 40” vert please sign me up.

6 hours ago, ravishingone said:

@eggybucsfan31 will be happy.  I really struggle with this because after the big 3 secondary has the better prospects, but on dline they are 1 or 2 injuries away from Will Clarke getting a lot of snaps.  Considering age and injury history of dline, injuries are expected 

Well Licht told Allen he would be a starter for us when he signed with the Bucs. Vea at pick 7 is smokescreen and us just doing research. Maybe get a team that needs DR help to trade up with us on draft day. 

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Well Licht told Allen he would be a starter for us when he signed with the Bucs. Vea at pick 7 is smokescreen and us just doing research. Maybe get a team that needs DR help to trade up with us on draft day. 

My only concrrn with going secondary is the teams who have a good pash rush consistently are built by high draft picks.  The Giants Super Bowl teams.  The Broncos, Steelers and Eagles.  I cant comment on the Pats since they have the GOAT at QB.  

They have spent one 2nd round pick on dline since GMC has been drafted.  I get dont draft for need, but Licht cant wait till Day 3 to replenish.  Spence is a health question mark and after the probable nickel package dline, the pass rush drop off is substantial.  Licht has his work cut out for him, it will be interesting to see his game plan.

1 hour ago, indifference said:

If Hurst fell to the 2nd I’d consider it. McCoy isn’t 25 anymore and if his medical checks out in our team Dr mind, the guy is a force. Keep building the lines.

Archived