Prospects to keep an eye on for the Bucs

indifference

6 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

If Hurst fell to the 2nd I’d consider it. McCoy isn’t 25 anymore and if his medical checks out in our team Dr mind, the guy is a force. Keep building the lines.

Hurst in the second round is good. I just don’t see TB using pick 7 on a rotational player. Licht is on the hot seat and he will draft a starter who can play from day 1. Look I’m all for having DL depth but if Chubb isn’t there we should not force it. Vea is a good NT prospect but if I draft a DT I want him to be a sack artist. Run stuffers can be found elsewhere. I was pro Vea but now I just don’t see the fit for him here. We basically signed two run stuffers that can rotate. I do not mind drafting McCoy’s replacement, however.

20 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

My only concrrn with going secondary is the teams who have a good pash rush consistently are built by high draft picks.  The Giants Super Bowl teams.  The Broncos, Steelers and Eagles.  I cant comment on the Pats since they have the GOAT at QB.  

They have spent one 2nd round pick on dline since GMC has been drafted.  I get dont draft for need, but Licht cant wait till Day 3 to replenish.  Spence is a health question mark and after the probable nickel package dline, the pass rush drop off is substantial.  Licht has his work cut out for him, it will be interesting to see his game plan.

Vea isn’t the guy to fix the pass rush. I agree we need to fix but with a different player. The kid from Florida is an animal and I like Hurst too. Spence is the third man in our rotation at DE. Unless Chubb slips to us I do not see it in our cards to draft a DE with more important needs. Having a fourth good pass rushing DE is what most good defensive teams have but we cannot fix the depth in one off season. Going have to reup on the DL next year. 

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Vea isn’t the guy to fix the pass rush. I agree we need to fix but with a different player. The kid from Florida is an animal and I like Hurst too. Spence is the third man in our rotation at DE. Unless Chubb slips to us I do not see it in our cards to draft a DE with more important needs. Having a fourth good pass rushing DE is what most good defensive teams have but we cannot fix the depth in one off season. Going have to reup on the DL next year. 

I totally understand what you are writing.  My concern with this coaching is if you draft a safety at 7 with a pass rush who is older and has been injury prone and play lots of zone, it is a risk.  And I'm a big fan of James.  In theory, they used a 3rd round pick on a pass rusher, which is a good start.  The list of effective pass rushers past day 2 is pretty scarce.  I m okay with going in a different direction then Vea.  I m more in favor with addressing secondary on Day 3 considering the coaching staff philosophy, current roster construction, and draft picks available.

22 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

As an avid Mizzou fan, I can tell you he's kind of 'meh'.

Had a good 2017, but struggled in 2016. He's got some speed though. He's basically a one cut and go guy and he's not going to run through tackles...

Wouldn't mind a late round flier on him though...

I was watching some video on Sequon and I had forgotten his freshman year was under BOB.  He ran in pro sets, which should help ease this concern that he can' t run physically between the tackles.  IMO, his biggest flaw is trying for the home run ball on every play.  Yeah, he s at 7, pretty confident Licht turns the card in with Barkley s name on it.

17 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I was watching some video on Sequon and I had forgotten his freshman year was under BOB.  He ran in pro sets, which should help ease this concern that he can' t run physically between the tackles.  IMO, his biggest flaw is trying for the home run ball on every play.  Yeah, he s at 7, pretty confident Licht turns the card in with Barkley s name on it.

That is invalid. It was under franklin. It was in pro sets Bc hackenburg was the Qb. They didn’t really adjust the offense until Mcsorely took over. 

Penn states offensive line under franklin has always been underwhelming to watch. If you watched the Ohio state game, when trying to run they had 8 lined up in the box and Barkely was met at the touch of the ball 2 yards behind the LOS. 

Barkely s statistics were not as good as he really is. His vision and ability to create behind a below average line was remarkable. 

5 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

That is invalid. It was under franklin. It was in pro sets Bc hackenburg was the Qb. They didn’t really adjust the offense until Mcsorely took over. 

Penn states offensive line under franklin has always been underwhelming to watch. If you watched the Ohio state game, when trying to run they had 8 lined up in the box and Barkely was met at the touch of the ball 2 yards behind the LOS. 

Barkely s statistics were not as good as he really is. His vision and ability to create behind a below average line was remarkable. 

Ok, I just Hackenberg and pro set and assumed.  Ironically, the video clips from his freshman year were from the OSU game who had a ridiculously talented defensive personnel.

2 hours ago, deuces22wild said:

NY wants two first round picks for Odell. Someone will hand that over. If so they have to go Qb at two.

Steep price. I don't think they'll get it. I could see a 1st and a 2nd or 3rd...

Plus, team giving up the compensation will want him to agree to an extension first and foremost...

I doubt a deal gets done before the draft, if at all...

Just now, kgarrett12486 said:

Steep price. I don't think they'll get it. I could see a 1st and a 2nd or 3rd...

Plus, team giving up the compensation will want him to agree to an extension first and foremost...

I doubt a deal gets done before the draft, if at all...

Would be crazy if somehow Buffalo traded for two AND OBJesus. 12, 22, future first, both seconds, both thirds.

31 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Would be crazy if somehow Buffalo traded for two AND OBJesus. 12, 22, future first, both seconds, both thirds.

Get some roster players involved besides picks for Buffalo it could get done.  It would be the modern day Herschel Walker trade.  I hope it gets done. 

Archived