1. 1. How do you get everywhere?

• I got a hoopty.
    • I walk everywhere.
    • I bike everywhere.
    • Uber/Lyft!
    • Public Transportation
    • I bum rides from people who have cars

12 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

You'd assume correct. It's what we called cars in the 90s.

What can I say, I'm old.

P sure it’s always been slang for a beat up trash car tho. Hence the line in 50’s 21 questions “if I went back to a hoopty from a Benz, would you poof and disappear like some of my friends?”. Or the various lines when talking about how gutter one’s hood is, they’ll remark how people will put 20’s/rims/etc. on a hoopty.

As for me, I got rid of my car shortly before I moved to Chicago. I try to use public transportation for anything that has a long distance. I’d often run late to work in the morning and pick up an Uber or Lyft (whichever had a driver close) when I was living at my old apartment. Now I live a block away, so that’s just a walk now. I live a few blocks away from a fresh deli/produce store, so I just walk or bike there when I need that.

So really now, public transport is used for going out for whatever, and I walk/bike everything else.

12 minutes ago, iPwn said:

P sure it’s always been slang for a beat up trash car tho. Hence the line in 50’s 21 questions “if I went back to a hoopty from a Benz, would you poof and disappear like some of my friends?”. Or the various lines when talking about how gutter one’s hood is, they’ll remark how people will put 20’s/rims/etc. on a hoopty.

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, iPwn said:

Always wondered what he said on that line. Never bothered to look it up. 

hqdefault.jpg

Archived