Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

LOL. People will be asking this same question for years until he can be consistently good or consistently bad. He's been so up and down so far and doesn't have a track record of consistency. 

I hope he reaches his potential, but when I see tweets like this, it just makes me laugh.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

The thing thats weird is that this trade for Wentz can't be official until next week either anyway. Jimmy's NTC really isn't a thing because the day the trade can actually become official, he doesn't have a no trade clause.

I think that would push the "washington didn't want to wait" to more of an injury thing. 

That's fair and reasonable. But if Jimmy and Co. were telling the 49ers that he wouldn't approve a trade to Washington and Washington wanted to get their QB move done before the end of this week, it kind of makes things difficult on both fronts to get it done. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Washington was acting a little desperately this week because of not wanting to get into a bidding war with the Bucs, Steelers, and Saints for a FA QB next week. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

That's fair and reasonable. But if Jimmy and Co. were telling the 49ers that he wouldn't approve a trade to Washington and Washington wanted to get their QB move done before the end of this week, it kind of makes things difficult on both fronts to get it done. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Washington was acting a little desperately this week because of not wanting to get into a bidding war with the Bucs, Steelers, and Saints for a FA QB next week. 

The bolded is the second part that I'm considering. That we have multiple offers available and we are taking our time on accepting, maybe doing a little finagling, etc. 

Just now, Forge said:

The bolded is the second part that I'm considering. That we have multiple offers available and we are taking our time on accepting, maybe doing a little finagling, etc. 

They have to know they don't stack up well compared to those other teams, so jumping the gun and trading for a guy like Jimmy or Wentz rather than getting into a bidding war on Trubisky or Winston seems like the right move to make.

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

On one hand, crap. On the other hand, cool keep him in the AFC.

All that joy from people with Wilson leaving would have quickly evaporated had they been able to turn around and bring in Watson. 

• Like 1

Just now, GW21 said:

All that joy from people with Wilson leaving would have quickly evaporated had they been able to turn around and bring in Watson. 

Yeah, me no likey.

I truly feel that Jimmy is going to be a Steeler, Colt, or Saint. Those three teams are the best and most ideal landing spots for him. He's probably vetoing a deal to the Commanders, Panthers, or Texans.

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

Thankfully, I don't think that this is their aim. I think that they would have held on to Wagner (at least for the time being) to see what happens on Friday. They are kind of in the same position roster wise as they were and I don't think that they are top tier contenders as the roster is a bit of a mess. 

Of course, Pete is 70 years old, probably doesn't want to go through a rebuild lol 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Thankfully, I don't think that this is their aim. I think that they would have held on to Wagner (at least for the time being) to see what happens on Friday. They are kind of in the same position roster wise as they were and I don't think that they are top tier contenders as the roster is a bit of a mess. 

Of course, Pete is 70 years old, probably doesn't want to go through a rebuild lol 

I was actually thinking about the bolded today and was messing around with the tier generator website to sketch out my NFC power rankings post Rodgers, Wilson, and Wentz moves and before FA kicks off.

Tier 1: Top Dogs

• Rams 
  • Packers

Tier 2: Playoff teams with deep playoff run hopes

• Cowboys
  • 49ers
  • Cardinals

Tier 3: Playoff hopefuls

• Vikings
  • Bucs
  • Eagles
  • Saints
  • Commanders

Tier 4: No-Man's Land

• Bears
  • Falcons
  • Seahawks

Tier 5: Bottom Feeders

• Giants
  • Lions
  • Panthers
  • Like 1

The Commanders originally came in offering a fourth-rounder and a sixth-rounder, and talks intensified Tuesday after Washington missed out on Russell Wilson. Washington will assume all of Wentz’s 2022 salary — roughly $28 million — letting the Colts off the hook for the $15 million they owed him even if they cut him.