Meme Mafia - Town - (minus Mwil) wins

Matts4313

9 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I'm clearly, very clearly... as clear as possible, translucent... not talking about reading back in this game.

I never even mentioned reading back in this game.

2 hours ago, SwAg said:

This is honestly comical.  Stop regurgitating tired and disprovable talking points on Touch.

Some people were content showing up and position themselves for what should be the clear "winning" position on this lynch, and now they're panicking a bit because their feet are held to the fire when some prominent voices made it a close race.  Kick facts, bro.  Your whole explanation exceeds the bounds of credulity.

Touch has had the Duelist role before and recently, and it was in Dome's Old West game.  The immediate reaction was "this is a Town role" and "lol we are not voting Touch over squire."  Touch is aware of this, as are many of those who are present.  The concept that this was some inordinate risk that could never work is laughable, as Touch was largely ignored for the remainder of the game as "likely Town" and "likely Vanilla."  The concept that Touch wouldn't do this because it's "too risky" is bull****.  There is almost no risk involved here.  If anything, it will have the opposite effect for multiple days.  There is one talking point debunked. 

Throw in that you're clearly aware of that, and you're not going back to see who reacted differently in the situation beforehand compared to now makes me think you lack a genuine curiosity in resolving the game.  That information is potentially valuable, and I went back to get it... but since I've given you half a day and you've made no mention of it, I am forced to assume it's not part of your plan.

Touch initiated the Duel when we are barely halfway through D1, which has resulted in the point I made.  It provided cover for literally everyone who opted to use it as such to abstain from a real decision on D1 because by all accounts: no one would realistically argue you should choose Llama over Touch on D1.  So, people queued up to get in on that action quickly and throw support behind Touch because there is literally no foreseeable downside.  All of those people could have a legitimate position on it, or they could be hiding in the cover that Touch gave them.

Touch's explanation is straight-up bad, and I don't think even he believes it is good... and to be honest, with what I've said about, I doubt he even believed it needed to be good.  "I got excited" and essentially "he was in the thread not posting" and "I didn't like the meme posted in response to ****/marry/kill."  So, you stymied all external conversation midway through D1 and funneled all reads into artificial battle lines that you drew, and then your explanation is "I caught scum and I was excited."  Tell me, how it is more pro-Town for you to blow your ability and cause all of this cumulative side effects on D1 than to strongly pursue it, with the knowledge people will likely listen to you if you ask them to give you some good faith?  I certainly would have, but instead I have to ask: What is the point of Touch doing this?  What benefit does he derive?  And the most common response I conjure up is that you wanted an early clear and space where you can use your ability and not be at risk, and not be held accountable if it's wrong.

Counselor, MWil, and Touch are all connected, and you would be remiss to forget that when the vote swings to Llama.  Counselor and Touch had the back and forth early in the thread where Touch accused him of being scum with me, which is a clever way to put an albatross around a Townie's neck whenever you think a Mafia is likely to die early.  MWil and Counselor are jockeying to push a narrative that I'm useless because "lol swag is posting funny" and if I do break character and actually play then it's "lol swag is guilty, feelin heat!"  And Touch is pushing that all along.  Dome did it last game with Touch, it's how you start to form a narrative in the thread, and less experienced people will buy into it.  

So, that's why I'm content voting Touch right now because he's done nothing to allay any of these concerns.  And when he flips scum, you should vote Counselor and MWil out in quick order.  Don't **** around like retards and ignore my reads that solved the game while you all try to figure it out on your own.

Yet, Swag never said anything about reading back in this game? 

20 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

I would like all of your **** one, marry one and kill one lists. 

18 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

1. @MWil23 - Evil/Darth Kermit

2. @Dome - Terio at Popeyes

3. @Counselor - WTH Picard

4. @gopherwrestler - Drunk Baby

5. @theuntouchable - Excited Farmer Fran

6. @KOTN-93 - Evil Peter Parker

007. @Slappy Mc - Cowbell

8. @daboyle250 - Baby Yoda

9. @Nazgul - Shocked Michigan Fan

10. @The Orca - This Is Fine

11. @Pickle Rick - You Have Died of Dysentery

12. @rackcs - Cash Godzilla

13. @SwAg - Drunk Elsa

14. @NS922 - Minions 

15. @wolfeyestrk - I'm Something of a Scientist Myself

16. @squire12 - "Duh" chick

17. @Malfatron - Scumbag Steve

18. @TheKillerNacho - WTF Jags Guy

19. @JoshstraDaymus - Surprised Pikachu

20. @Llamalover - Doge

18 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

@theuntouchable

Why post the player list 3 times in wanting to get responses from players but strike your duel before most of them can respond?  

Please give me something to go off of in your thought process.   I can't see how what llama posted for answers supercedes the answers that never needed to come from so many.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SwAg said:

This is honestly comical.  Stop regurgitating tired and disprovable talking points on Touch.

Some people were content showing up and position themselves for what should be the clear "winning" position on this lynch, and now they're panicking a bit because their feet are held to the fire when some prominent voices made it a close race.  Kick facts, bro.  Your whole explanation exceeds the bounds of credulity.

Touch has had the Duelist role before and recently, and it was in Dome's Old West game.  The immediate reaction was "this is a Town role" and "lol we are not voting Touch over squire."  Touch is aware of this, as are many of those who are present.  The concept that this was some inordinate risk that could never work is laughable, as Touch was largely ignored for the remainder of the game as "likely Town" and "likely Vanilla."  The concept that Touch wouldn't do this because it's "too risky" is bull****.  There is almost no risk involved here.  If anything, it will have the opposite effect for multiple days.  There is one talking point debunked. 

Throw in that you're clearly aware of that, and you're not going back to see who reacted differently in the situation beforehand compared to now makes me think you lack a genuine curiosity in resolving the game.  That information is potentially valuable, and I went back to get it... but since I've given you half a day and you've made no mention of it, I am forced to assume it's not part of your plan.

Touch initiated the Duel when we are barely halfway through D1, which has resulted in the point I made.  It provided cover for literally everyone who opted to use it as such to abstain from a real decision on D1 because by all accounts: no one would realistically argue you should choose Llama over Touch on D1.  So, people queued up to get in on that action quickly and throw support behind Touch because there is literally no foreseeable downside.  All of those people could have a legitimate position on it, or they could be hiding in the cover that Touch gave them.

Touch's explanation is straight-up bad, and I don't think even he believes it is good... and to be honest, with what I've said about, I doubt he even believed it needed to be good.  "I got excited" and essentially "he was in the thread not posting" and "I didn't like the meme posted in response to ****/marry/kill."  So, you stymied all external conversation midway through D1 and funneled all reads into artificial battle lines that you drew, and then your explanation is "I caught scum and I was excited."  Tell me, how it is more pro-Town for you to blow your ability and cause all of this cumulative side effects on D1 than to strongly pursue it, with the knowledge people will likely listen to you if you ask them to give you some good faith?  I certainly would have, but instead I have to ask: What is the point of Touch doing this?  What benefit does he derive?  And the most common response I conjure up is that you wanted an early clear and space where you can use your ability and not be at risk, and not be held accountable if it's wrong.

Counselor, MWil, and Touch are all connected, and you would be remiss to forget that when the vote swings to Llama.  Counselor and Touch had the back and forth early in the thread where Touch accused him of being scum with me, which is a clever way to put an albatross around a Townie's neck whenever you think a Mafia is likely to die early.  MWil and Counselor are jockeying to push a narrative that I'm useless because "lol swag is posting funny" and if I do break character and actually play then it's "lol swag is guilty, feelin heat!"  And Touch is pushing that all along.  Dome did it last game with Touch, it's how you start to form a narrative in the thread, and less experienced people will buy into it.  

So, that's why I'm content voting Touch right now because he's done nothing to allay any of these concerns.  And when he flips scum, you should vote Counselor and MWil out in quick order.  Don't **** around like retards and ignore my reads that solved the game while you all try to figure it out on your own.

Then I bumped all the quotes that are about me from you three, that seem to be positioning me to (1) fall with one of you; (2) portray me as useless; or otherwise shape the narrative about me.

I don’t know how you’re not getting that since you responded to it elsewhere.

Nowhere did I say they’re protecting you.  I said they’re attacking me, and you’re helping it.  Like if you did some argument about how attacking me is protecting you, I’d at least understand it.  But I never said they’re protecting you, so that’s a really weird characterization and point to pretend is critical.

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@theuntouchable

Why post the player list 3 times in wanting to get responses from players but strike your duel before most of them can respond?  

Please give me something to go off of in your thought process.   I can't see how what llama posted for answers supercedes the answers that never needed to come from so many.

Because I found what I believe to be scum. 

7 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Like I have literally walked you through your viewpoints and the counter arguments. Pointed them out, brought up why it’s relevant and your only response is “my reading comprehension not so good”

You really haven’t.  You’ve gotten basic elements of my case wrong, including basic facts, and straight up dismissed a relevant comparison game as immaterial.

If you have something you want me to respond to, take a moment and numerically post it, and I will answer whatever it is.  Even if you won’t give me the same courtesy.

Edited by SwAg
Same

Just now, KOTN-93 said:

Do you just spit out names like a parrot or are you gonna make an actual arugment at some point?

I’ll engage you when you’re able to either:

1. Not get yourself mod killed before finding your way into discord 

2. Not out yourself before the end of Day 1

Also, you buddying up to swag is cute

• Like 1