2017-18 Offseason Talk

Glen

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Except he’s not really a 3 anymore. He’s much better suited as a small ball 4. He can’t dribble or shoot at all anymore. All he can do is dunk or go baseline. 

lol word. he's probably a leadership/mentor signing for anyone anyways 

Only 2 things I can think the Spurs are thinking:

1.  The Spurs have no confidence in signing anyone better and feel they wouldn't be able to replace him.
2.  The Spurs honestly feel like the team they have is good enough.

If it's #2 then they need a quick reality check, which the Warriors will happily give them.  If it's 1 then I understand, but I'd still rather take my chances than give Gasol and Aldridge those contracts.

5 hours ago, champ11 said:

People were soooooooo high on Baldwin going into the draft. I know he has been bad, but for a team in Memphis' position it is surprising to see them keep Mario over the young guy 

My best friend is a huge Vanderbilt fan and he hated the pick.  I don't mind that he lost his spot to Chalmers, but he couldn't beat out Andrew Harrison or Wayne Selden, Jr.?

Memphis hasn't drafted anyone that's stuck on the team for more than 3 years since Mike Conley, Jr. in 2007.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

My best friend is a huge Vanderbilt fan and he hated the pick.  I don't mind that he lost his spot to Chalmers, but he couldn't beat out Andrew Harrison or Wayne Selden, Jr.?

Memphis hasn't drafted anyone that's stuck on the team for more than 3 years since Mike Conley, Jr. in 2007.

there's smoke that baldwin has major attitude problems. wonder if that was a contributing factor.

guys like wade baldwin can't really afford to have attitude problems.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Good get. Great locker room guy. (RichardJefferson)

I listened to the latest Podcast with Jr Smith (Its really good). They were talking about Smith making a going from starting to being a 6th man, Frye talked about how he scaerfices his playing time to only playing in the early minutes of the 3rd and RJ said he will be sacrificing his roster spot and than they said too soon. So it sounds like that was written on the wall. He got traded and still showed up to an event he had planned two days later.

54 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

there's smoke that baldwin has major attitude problems. wonder if that was a contributing factor.

guys like wade baldwin can't really afford to have attitude problems.

That's straight fire, not just smoke anymore. He's been like that since his freshman season.

It's just frustrating. I know with later 1st rounders that you miss a lot more than hit, but Memphis has been on a 10 year cold spell for adding young talent. You'd think they could have drafted at least 1 solid contributor.

46 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

That's straight fire, not just smoke anymore. He's been like that since his freshman season.

It's just frustrating. I know with later 1st rounders that you miss a lot more than hit, but Memphis has been on a 10 year cold spell for adding young talent. You'd think they could have drafted at least 1 solid contributor.

Dillon Brooks' got you...

Archived