Week 15: @ Cincinnati Bengals - Valar Morghulis

Elky

5 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Honestly Michel has looked a little better today (albeit against a **** run D) but he’s not good enough to be an every down back, we need a little bit a change of pace, like to see Burkhead and White getting involved running the ball

He has done nothing to separate himself from either Burkhead or White as a runner, and is a borderline liability in the pass game. It’s tiresome to see McDaniels try and force him so much.

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

He has done nothing to separate himself from either Burkhead or White as a runner, and is a borderline liability in the pass game. It’s tiresome to see McDaniels try and force him so much.

Tbh I think they’re holding back a bit on White to preserve him for the playoffs 

Not sure why Burkhead has been so uninvolved 

Defense will have to play like 2015 Denver in order for us to have a chance in the playoffs. Run game showed some life, but I'll be damned if I'd trust Michel and the Cookie Monster to make plays. Passing game is still a nightmare and couldn't exploit one of the worst secondaries in the league. Teams of previous seasons would have dropped 40+ if they were given four takeaways.

Regardless, it's a win and we're back in the playoffs. Bring on Buffalo and let's conquer the East again.

Time for that victory cigar I couldn't smoke for two weeks.

Edited by Elky
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Elky said:

Defense will have to play like 2015 Denver in order for us to have a chance in the playoffs. Run game showed some life, but I'll be damned if I'd trust Michel and the Cookie Monster to make plays. Passing game is still a nightmare and couldn't exploit one of the worst secondaries in the league. Teams of previous seasons would have dropped 40+ if they were given four takeaways.

Regardless, it's a win and we're back in the playoffs. Bring on Buffalo and let's conquer the East again.

Time for that victory cigar I couldn't smoke for two weeks.

One positive thing that could be big in the playoffs is that NE doesn't turn the ball over much and has a good punter. 

Plus NE has rushed for 5.1 ypc and 131 yards per game in the 4 games since Wynn came back. That's up from 3.7 and about 95 yards without Wynn. One thing to take away from is how good Wynn is as a run blocker. But also that NE has to know who they are. And they seem to remember it. 

Run the ball, play field position, don't turn it over and play defense. If we do that, we have a chance. Just don't get cute in the passing game.

19 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Jonathan jones hasn’t been good lately 

He's had a bad couple games, but his overall body of work has been solid. Overall him, Gilmore, and Jackson are having a great season. The secondary has been absolutely balling. Jones imo, is one of the better slot corners in the league. I'm hoping he can get healthy soon because they'll miss his speed on defense. 

Can we talk about JC Jackson? The guy has quietly emerged as one of the better corners in the league. How about that UDFA find for the Belichick can't evaluate talent crowd?