Stefon Diggs will become a top 10 receiver!!!

Illadelegend215

On 9/26/2017 at 10:57 AM, joru1000 said:

Been calling it since 3 starts into his rookie season, on the old forum, that this guy would be top-5 by now. His talent is so glaringly obvious. He has the best hands we've had since Cris Carter in the late 90's.

I agree. I think he might surpass carters route running too

On 9/14/2017 at 2:53 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Diggs was not even top 20 in yards after the catch last year. His 3.9 YAC per reception was 80th in the NFL.

You say his YAC and quickness makes him "special". Is golden tate "special"? Is he a top 10 receiver?

Diggs juked out multiple guys. Congratulations, a lot of talented NFL receivers have juked out multiple receivers.

NFL Receivers undisputably more talented than Diggs:

Antonio Brown

AJ Green

Julio Jones

Odell Beckham

Jordy Nelson

Deandre Hopkins

Dez Bryant

Mike Evans

TY Hilton

Demaryius Thomas

Amari Cooper

That's an easy 10 receivers that have some combination of being proven and showing more than Diggs. You really think Diggs is better, or will be better than ANYONE on that list? 

Pump the brakes dude.

You're crying that we haven't given him his due and accusing us of never watching him. Just because we like him, it doesn't mean we like him as much as you do.

Adam Thielen had a bigger game than Diggs. Shouldn't you be pushing Adam Thielen as a top 10 receiver?

Adam Thielen looked like the more impressive receiver on monday night.

Lol, I just saw this. You need to pump your breaks if you think Amari cooper is "easily" better than diggs. Matter fact you might need a football for dummies book for this asinine statement 

10 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

Lol, I just saw this. You need to pump your breaks if you think Amari cooper is "easily" better than diggs. Matter fact you might need a football for dummies book for this asinine statement 

"Easily" meaning clearly, not by a large margin. And at the beginning of the year, that would be a very fair statement. D

This was at the beginning of the season. If you look at TALENT, which I was referring to, and not purely statistics, maybe you would begin to understand why a receiver like Cooper in bracket coverage against Chris Harris Jr. with a safety over top would have a hard time producing, while Diggs could feast in a dissimilar situation.

I would also hesitate to draw conclusions from a small sample size like 4 games. Cooper was on pace for 1700 yards at the halfway mark last year, only behind Green and Julio in yards. A lot can change in a heartbeat for a player. But if you want to pat yourself on the back after 4 games this year, go for it.

If my statement is so asinine, I'd prefer to look back on their careers in a few years rather than a few games into one year. But that's just me.

NFL receiving stats after, admittedly, 4 games:

Receiving Yards Leaders - All Players

RK PLAYER TEAM REC TAR YDS AVG TD LONG 20+ YDS/G FUM YAC 1DN
1 Stefon Diggs, WR MIN 22 32 391 17.8 4 59 8 97.8 0 79 17
2 Antonio Brown, WR PIT 30 45 388 12.9 1 50 5 97.0 1 142 18
3 Adam Thielen, WR MIN 24 32 358 14.9 0 45 7 89.5 2 84 13
4 Keenan Allen, WR LAC 24 39 334 13.9 1 50 5 83.5 0 71 19
5 Zach Ertz, TE PHI 26 36 326 12.5 1 53 3 81.5 1 54 17
6 Rob Gronkowski, TE NE 20 31 318 15.9 2 53 4 79.5 1 103 15
7 A.J. Green, WR CIN 25 38 315 12.6 2 50 4 78.8 0 67 16
8 DeAndre Hopkins, WR HOU 31 49 311 10.0 2 25 3 77.8 0 10 19
9 Michael Thomas, WR NO 25 37 310 12.4 2 33 4 77.5 0 61 19
10 Julio Jones, WR ATL 19 30 295 15.5 0 34 3 73.8 0 118 14

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

"Easily" meaning clearly, not by a large margin. And at the beginning of the year, that would be a very fair statement. D

This was at the beginning of the season. If you look at TALENT, which I was referring to, and not purely statistics, maybe you would begin to understand why a receiver like Cooper in bracket coverage against Chris Harris Jr. with a safety over top would have a hard time producing, while Diggs could feast in a dissimilar situation.

I would also hesitate to draw conclusions from a small sample size like 4 games. Cooper was on pace for 1700 yards at the halfway mark last year, only behind Green and Julio in yards. A lot can change in a heartbeat for a player. But if you want to pat yourself on the back after 4 games this year, go for it.

If my statement is so asinine, I'd prefer to look back on their careers in a few years rather than a few games into one year. But that's just me.

First of all I apologize, I took a brief skim, saw the list that included all pro receivers then saw "pump your breaks", so I assumed you were saying those guys were significantly better.

Career stats: 

Cooper: 285 targets, 165 catches, 2324 yds, 12 tds

Diggs: 221 targets, 153 catches, 1916 yds, 11 tds

diggs played less games, did not have a pro bowl qb throwing to him either and had 60+ less targets but has similar numbers. It's an argument that diggs is better than cooper, I actually take diggs every time tbh, but to eaches own.

8 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Cooper and Diggs are very close. I remember that debate when they were rookies. I think the debate will become more clear after this season. I want to see how he responds with more attention focused on him now that the Vikes don't have Cook.

Cooper drops way too many footballs for me to consider it close.

From pre-draft scouting report on Amari Cooper, via NFL.com:

WEAKNESSES

Needs to finish routes. Will stop or occasionally adjust route, putting quarterback in danger of an interception. Can improve use of body to shield defenders from the ball. Run blocking can improve. Could use a little more fire in that department. Focus drops have been an issue at times, dropping 13 passes over the last two seasons.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/amari-cooper?id=2552487

Exciting article on Stefon Diggs, explaining how he's become one of the best receivers in the league:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/10/05/stefon-diggs-is-tearing-it-up-even-as-the-vikings-key-offensive-parts-break-down/?utm_term=.ca14df469f5c

"Diggs has cut through all of that noise through the first month, delivering one of the best four-week stretches to open the season in Vikings history. He has a league-leading eight catches of 20 yards or more in that span, tying franchise marks held by Randy Moss and Jake Reed."

Image result for stefon diggs

Archived