Howdy Week 14 Mock Draft

armsteeld

What’s good? Glad y’all keeping this forum alive. Hopefully everyone has been alright. Down to business time. I like this team. There were glimpses with Rudolph (inconsistency) but I think Duck can take this offense to another level once the coaches take off the training wheels. 

There are few weaknesses in this roster. The WRs get separation but also have the ability to go over the defender to make contested catches. I like the different skill sets of the RBs and Whyte reminds me of Willie Parker. Tight End or Guard could be the weakest position group on the team but I like Feiler as a starter at Tackle or Guard. Love Banner and the most he brings. Disappointed in the OT we drafted who can’t even get a helmet but that’s another story.

Here is how I feel we can make the team better with this mock. As always feel free to comment.  Oh yeah, I’m no Capologist but somehow we’re keeping Dupree and Hargrave. Sean Davis would be a great fit as Dime LB but too costly plus he wants to start.

Rd2. Missouri TE Albert Okwuegbunam 6’5 260

McDonald has health issues (concussions) and struggles getting open. Vannett is still a mystery. We drafted the kid from Michigan but he can’t get a helmet. Albert Ok is a good route runner and has excellent body control. Huge catch radius and has the speed to run away from defenders. Not a devastating blocker but he gets it done.

Rd3. Alabama LB Afernee Jennings 6’3 263 

Stud against the run and has the ability to develop into a good pass rusher. Solid rotation player who can provide an impact on defense and special teams.

Rd4. Minnesota S Antoine Winfield Jr 5’10 210

Honestly, I’d have no issues drafting Winfield in the 2nd round. Dude is a cerebral hard hitting tackler who has ball hawk ability. He is fast and aggressive. He is Minkah Fitzpatrick 2.0

Rd4. Tennessee G Trey Smith 6’6 330

First round talent but medical will be huge. Capable of playing Tackle and Guard at a high level. Excellent run blocker who punishes defenders. Ramon Foster is about done. Foster has great leadership but he’s a liability on the field.

Rd6. Virginia QB Bryce Perkins 6’3 215

Rhythmic passer who is a good scrambler. Has tremendous long speed. Strong arm. Mobile. Reminds me of Robert Griffith III. Seems stiff and medical at combine will be very important as he broke his neck years ago. Landry Jones 1.0 has to go as the Steelers traded the wrong QB.

Rd7. Oregon G Shane Lemieux 6’4 316

Lemieux is insurance in case Smith has more medical issues. Shane is good in the run and pass game and is mobile for a G. 

28 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Anything is possible but I would be willing to bet money that Winfield, Trey, and Shane all go higher than those spots. 

Agreed. Winfield and Trey are legitimate first round prospects. Shane could go on day 2. This was from a draft simulation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Lewis will probably be gone in the 1st or 2nd. He has some special tools.

jennings jogs around, no need for lazy OLB's I can't stand that. Lewis though, he is legit with a serious first step.  If they don't keep Dupree , then they need to trade up and get Lewis. Where do you see him going? Also, what do you see for Duprees offers being considering he had 1 good year in a contract year? 

With Ola and Skipper, I wouldn't mind them having a shot either, but Lewis could be the real deal from day 1. That first step is a gift, not usually taught.   Trade/cut chickillo, and there we have our 4 OLB's.  Still hopes for sutton smith on the PS will round out the OLB's for 2020.

I think Okwuegbunam is a huge reach at #2  What he has shown so far put him as a 4-5 round talent at best.  I would look at Denzel Mimns Wr, Baylor.  For TE I would go with Brycen Hopkins from Purdue.  More a a receiving TE than a blocker but decent.  One guy I love but the Steelers will not take is Clyde Edwards-Helaire Rb, LSU.  DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama will be a very good pick as he is a excellent route runner already.  He will fall because he is too much of a body catcher.  All those should be possibilities in the 2nd.

I do love me some Trey Smith in the 4th.

Anything is possible but I really do not think a SS is in the draft equation. I think Winfield could be there at around 110 but I would be surprised if they took a SS.  How about Lloyd Cushenberry III as a OC selection. Raw but with a lot of talent.

20 hours ago, armsteeld said:

He’s a better QB than Dobbs and Josh Allen were. Switch to WR would be interesting because of his athleticism but TE seems weird.

I should have said H-Back.  Bit it seems as though there has been some consideration on it from his end.

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

I think Okwuegbunam is a huge reach at #2  What he has shown so far put him as a 4-5 round talent at best.

I think you're right on this one. He is awesome looking as a TE. He's giant, athletic, and definitely looks the part but I think that's about it. I remember watching his highlights last year and he was WIDE open every catch. He didn't fight for passes, he didn't block, he didn't break tackles, he was just a big WR that could get chunks in the middle of the field when he was left open. Then, he regressed this year. I'm not a fan.