AG20 2020 Mock Offseason

AlexGreen#20

3 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

Yea, I think if you use G.Jarrett’s contract as a reference, 18m signing bonus, but spread over 5 yrs (incl 2020) would be $3.6m for the prorated hits. 

Grady Jarrett didn't have a 5th year option though, he was a Free Agent who was franchise tagged, and the new contract nulls the franchise tag

Edited by JBURGE

9 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

If we do his extension before this year is done, would his signing bonus not also could towards next year? 

Example this week if we sign him to a 5 year $85m extension ($17aav) with $54m gtd, would we not have that $54m split over the 6 total years remaining on the deal? Cap hits below:

2020 5th year option $8m salary + $9m signing bonus
2021 new salary + $9m signing bonus
2022 " 
2023 " 
2024 " 
2025 "

Or would it just keep his 5th year option the same as fully gtd salary and then the new deal starts in 2021?

Depends how the contract is written, but most likey the 5 year option would be torn up. This Rodgers conversion decreased cap to this year, so I doubt we're extending Clark this year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Grady Jarrett didn't have a 5th year option though, he was a Free Agent who was franchise tagged, and the new contract nulls the franchise tag

I’m just looking purely at what his market worth was for the 4 year-deal. Which might be what Clark gets from 2021-2024. So you’d just be spreading the same $18m signing bonus over 5yr (incl 2020) instead of 4yr. So in 2020, Clark would just be his 5th yr option money plus the $3.6m prorated bonus tacked on. Not sure what the franchise tag has to do with it.