AG20 2020 Mock Offseason

AlexGreen#20

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think the best way to explain Gute's mentality would be that he's opportunistic.  Supposedly, the Packers considered taking DeShone Kizer at 33 when they opted for Kevin King instead a few years ago.  And reportedly, they were one of the teams who were most liked to Drew Lock last year.  It's probably safe to say the Packers won't be in position to select Joe Burrow.  Tua might be interesting, depending on how the medicals go.  If the medicals aren't bad, he probably doesn't make it to the Packers' pick.  Too many teams ahead of them would probably take that risk sooner.  Jacob Eason might be interesting with a year in the system.  The arm talent is there.

Would not have hated Drew Lock with his draft comp last year... I have to feel that if we thought he was "the guy", we would have traded up for him. He went 2 spots before we took Elgton Jenkins. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Amari Cooper is the most overrated WR in the NFL.  The man has these games this year:

4/44
5/48
1/3
3/38
0/0
1/19
4/24

That is NOT a number one receiver.  He puts up bulk stats and then disappears in big games. 

@Packerraymond

since you like to do the work, look at his home vs away splits. The guy loves turf

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Amari Cooper is the most overrated WR in the NFL.  The man has these games this year:

4/44
5/48
1/3
3/38
0/0
1/19
4/24

That is NOT a number one receiver.  He puts up bulk stats and then disappears in big games. 

@Packerraymond

You are correct he's not a #1 WR but with Davante he doesn't have to be. He is an outstanding #2 WR though. You get to pick your poison if we have them both. 

@CWood21 they likely will get him done, but it is not a sure thing at this point. I think Dak's deal drags on into free agency so they have to tag him. That means they either give Cooper way more than market value or he hits the open market. They also need to get Byron Jones done too. He's not going to be cheap or easy to do either. 

Just now, Golfman said:

You are correct he's not a #1 WR but with Davante he doesn't have to be. He is an outstanding #2 WR though. You get to pick your poison if we have them both. 

@CWood21 they likely will get him done, but it is not a sure thing at this point. I think Dak's deal drags on into free agency so they have to tag him. That means they either give Cooper way more than market value or he hits the open market. They also need to get Byron Jones done too. He's not going to be cheap or easy to do either. 

If you sign Amari Cooper that’s it for free agents.  And probably also means we don’t re-sign anybody.  

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

So your plan is to write a massive check to Amari Copper? 

19 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I think Dallas has like $86M under the cap for next season.  If they want Prescott, Cooper and Jones, there's money there to get it done.

And I can't believe they have that much cap space.

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If you sign Amari Cooper that’s it for free agents.  And probably also means we don’t re-sign anybody.  

You could get a guy or two at the second, third level of free agency. I am not re-signing Bulaga, Martinez or Fackrell. I also agree with @AlexGreen#20 to release Jimmy Graham and Lane Taylor. 

Plenty of money to get Cooper and say #44 from the Bears and an IDL in free agency. Certainly not a top tier guy but more than just a JAG like Adams and Lowry, who was way overpaid IMO. 

Just now, vegas492 said:

I think Dallas has like $86M under the cap for next season.  If they want Prescott, Cooper and Jones, there's money there to get it done.

And I can't believe they have that much cap space.

Not disputing they have the money but once a guy hits free agency, anything can and often does happen. 

Just now, Golfman said:

Not disputing they have the money but once a guy hits free agency, anything can and often does happen. 

If I were to bet....Byron Jones is the one to hit free agency.   And even then, Dallas can outbid a lot of teams for him if they so choose.

For funsies...$86M under the cap.  Let's roll $10M.  76M, let's set aside 7M for rookies.  69M (see what I did there?)  :)

69M to get Prescott, Cooper and Jones done.  Even if you give Dak $30M in year a year one cap hit, that's still plenty to get those other two guys.

I guess I too would like to see what Cooper could do with Adams.  Cooper has been dinged up lately, bad knee, but when healthy, he's a top end WR.

But I don't see Jerry letting that guy go.  He gave up too much to acquire him.  But, this is Jerry we are talking about, anything is possible.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

If I were to bet....Byron Jones is the one to hit free agency.   And even then, Dallas can outbid a lot of teams for him if they so choose.

For funsies...$86M under the cap.  Let's roll $10M.  76M, let's set aside 7M for rookies.  69M (see what I did there?)  :)

69M to get Prescott, Cooper and Jones done.  Even if you give Dak $30M in year a year one cap hit, that's still plenty to get those other two guys.

I guess I too would like to see what Cooper could do with Adams.  Cooper has been dinged up lately, bad knee, but when healthy, he's a top end WR.

But I don't see Jerry letting that guy go.  He gave up too much to acquire him.  But, this is Jerry we are talking about, anything is possible.

I agree with that too, but again, once a guy hits free agency you never know. As Sterling Sharpe once told his brother, "If the Broncos wanted to keep you they would have re-signed you already!" Shannon took the Ravens offer and never looked back. 

I think the Packers want to bring back both Bulaga and Martinez but will be hard pressed to do it.   If either or both are not signed before they actually hit FA they are likely gone.

If we sign both I see little chance we sign any outside player of consequence.  If we do a greatly prefer a D-Lineman, but we have others to worry about in the near future.

As far as this mock goes it is well thought out.  Considering how early in the process we are , especially so.  I look forward to seeing an update from AG after the combine...

34 minutes ago, Golfman said:

You could get a guy or two at the second, third level of free agency. I am not re-signing Bulaga, Martinez or Fackrell. I also agree with @AlexGreen#20 to release Jimmy Graham and Lane Taylor. 

Plenty of money to get Cooper and say #44 from the Bears and an IDL in free agency. Certainly not a top tier guy but more than just a JAG like Adams and Lowry, who was way overpaid IMO. 

Breshard Perriman.  I'll pound the table for him.  Cheaper than Cooper and would fit in nicely in GB.  Mid level FA that would out produce his contract.