AG20 2020 Mock Offseason

AlexGreen#20

Just now, Scoremore said:

Breshard Perriman.  I'll pound the table for him.  Cheaper than Cooper and would fit in nicely in GB.  Mid level FA that would out produce his contract.

I've been against more at WR with other needs, but have come to the conclusion go big or go home. I don't think round 1 is the answer either because Rodgers doesn't like to throw to young guys. Perriman might be coming into his own, or he might be a contract year guy. 

Go big or go home regarding the WR position. 

Not a fan of bringing in OBJ either. 

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

You don't give up a 1st rounder for a guy then let him walk. Not happening. 

Cooper is talented but a risky FA IMO.  Not only the cost but think he'll have trouble staying healthy.  There will be a bidding war for his services as well.  I'd pass.

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

You don't give up a 1st rounder for a guy then let him walk. Not happening. 

I get that part of it, but if they tag Dak they may not be in control of that. I know Jones is going to do everything he can to get him signed, but reality is, he was trying during the season with both of these guys and it didn't happen. Not to mention Jones. 

5 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Cooper is talented but a risky FA IMO.  Not only the cost but think he'll have trouble staying healthy.  There will be a bidding war for his services as well.  I'd pass.

I understand your point, but there is a bidding war on virtually every top notch free agent. You have to set what you are willing to pay and stick to it. Let's be honest, it's very unlikely to happen, but I'd love to have the guy if we could get him for 15 a year. I don't see him worth Michael Thomas money. Then again, I don't see Michael Thomas worth that kind of money either.

EDIT: Just looked at the top WR contracts and you are going to have to go 17-18 a year for him. I'd consider it if you could structure it in a way to get out after 3 years if necessary. 

Edited by Golfman

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I understand your point, but there is a bidding war on virtually every top notch free agent. You have to set what you are willing to pay and stick to it. Let's be honest, it's very unlikely to happen, but I'd love to have the guy if we could get him for 15 a year. I don't see him worth Michael Thomas money. Then again, I don't see Michael Thomas worth that kind of money either.

EDIT: Just looked at the top WR contracts and you are going to have to go 17-18 a year for him. I'd consider it if you could structure it in a way to get out after 3 years if necessary. 

Think he'll bust.  Just a feeling.  One of those guys you sign for big money and then he gets hurt.  Perriman can be had for less than half of what it would cost to sign Cooper.  Elite speed and size.  Signed for 4 million last year.  Mid level and affordable with high upside.  Just coming into his own.  Deep WR class this year if Gute can't land a FA still have the draft and can find a decent WR.  Rookies rarely produce so won't help us much next year.  Why I want to sign a veteran.  Unfortunately not much out their in the WR FA class.  Think if we just get one decent veteran WR we'll be ok.   

3 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Think he'll bust.  Just a feeling.  One of those guys you sign for big money and then he gets hurt.  Perriman can be had for less than half of what it would cost to sign Cooper.  Elite speed and size.  Signed for 4 million last year.  Mid level and affordable with high upside.  Just coming into his own.  Deep WR class this year if Gute can't land a FA still have the draft and can find a decent WR.  Rookies rarely produce so won't help us much next year.  Why I want to sign a veteran.  Unfortunately not much out their in the WR FA class.  Think if we just get one decent veteran WR we'll be ok.   

>> MVS isn't a good enough player to be our #2. 

>> Let's sign Perriman.

>> Does not compute.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

>> MVS isn't a good enough player to be our #2. 

>> Let's sign Perriman.

>> Does not compute.

Packers aren't going to have a #2 next season. My take would be, draft a guy in Rd 2 to be the #2 in 2021 after Rodgers goes through the year where they gain trust.

FA wise, throw 2 one year deals at the wall 4m or less and see what sticks. Perriman would be fine. Agholor, Funchess, Dorsett, Sharpe, Higgins, Treadwell all fine.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Packers aren't going to have a #2 next season. My take would be, draft a guy in Rd 2 to be the #2 in 2021 after Rodgers goes through the year where they gain trust.

FA wise, throw 2 one year deals at the wall 4m or less and see what sticks. Perriman would be fine. Agholor, Funchess, Dorsett, Sharpe, Higgins, Treadwell all fine.

Not targeting you specifically, but could we please stop with this? Agholor has stone hands, Funchess and Sharpe are more of what we currently have behind Adams, Higgins is wildly inconsistent, Treadwell is a complete bust(though I wouldn't mind kicking the tires), and Dorsett isn't WR2 material as we've seen in New England.

Cooper is the only FA worth even considering and he's too much of a risk as we've discussed ad nauseum. Perriman makes sense, but consider his current situation and consider his injury history. 

8 minutes ago, Joe said:

Not targeting you specifically, but could we please stop with this? Agholor has stone hands, Funchess and Sharpe are more of what we currently have behind Adams, Higgins is wildly inconsistent, Treadwell is a complete bust(though I wouldn't mind kicking the tires), and Dorsett isn't WR2 material as we've seen in New England.

Cooper is the only FA worth even considering and he's too much of a risk as we've discussed ad nauseum. Perriman makes sense, but consider his current situation and consider his injury history. 

Stop with what? Part of throw crap at the wall and see what stick do you not understand?  Do you want MVS, Kumerow, Lazard and Allison next year with a draft pick? That's what you're asking for. Cooper isn't happening, not worth even mentioning.

The Patriots do this all the time. Change the environment on a player who has some ability on a cheap deal and see if you can strike it rich. Literally no risks other than the small 1 year salary. Absolutely no point to "stop" asking for these players. They'll be cheap and if they suck could be cut or benched, it wouldn't matter cap wise.

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

Based on what? He's gone over 1000 yards in 4 of his 5 years. He's missed three games in 5 years. He's got elite speed, route running and hands. He did these things with David Carr and Dak Prescott. 

I don't see bust coming but just my opinion! 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Dorsett just lost Brady's trust, he's screwed. Perriman, Agholor, Sharpe I could take for sure

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Based on what? He's gone over 1000 yards in 4 of his 5 years. He's missed three games in 5 years. He's got elite speed, route running and hands. He did these things with David Carr and Dak Prescott. 

I don't see bust coming but just my opinion! 

Doesn't really matter not going to happen.  Had an up and down season this year.  Hey I'd like him too but we can't afford him.  Looking for a mid priced guy that can come in and play without breaking the bank.  It's just a gut feeling Golf.  We'll see how he does next year.  Guy is a talent can't dispute that.  See how he does after he gets paid.  Just mad because I want him and we can't have him.  So there you go.  Happy now?  :D:D:D

• Like 1