AG20 2020 Mock Offseason

AlexGreen#20

16 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

You lost me after Graham isn't a bad player. I kid, but yeah he's bad. 

I think it'd be egregious if the only thing we did to better our WR room is a second round rookie, Although Allison may be addition by subtraction as well.

You're going to be disappointed this off-season. Unless you want to pay Sanders or Green (after whining about Graham above lol, same situation there) there is next to nothing in FA. Don't bet on a round 1 WR either. 

21 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

You lost me after Graham isn't a bad player. I kid, but yeah he's bad. 

I think it'd be egregious if the only thing we did to better our WR room is a second round rookie, Although Allison may be addition by subtraction as well.

My work is very meticulously laid out. If you have a suggestion for an alteration, I'm all ears.

On 12/16/2019 at 8:31 PM, Packerraymond said:

Will definitely have a chance to take a very quality WR in round 1. This is the best draft class I've seen at WR since 2014. Packers FO hasn't taken that position in Rd 1 since Javon Walker though, so don't hold your breath.

Of course we haven't had a GM as aggressive as Gute is since Wolf.  I'm not comparing the 2 outside of they will dip into FA more than Ted ever did.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2019 at 8:57 PM, Leader said:

Uglem's thinking off season as well......
Not sure why he's referencing Ted.

Ross Uglem -  Packers offseason?

Release Graham and Lane Taylor

Bring Joe Schobert home
Re-sign Bulaga and Veldheer

Find a vet TE to pair with Sternberger

Pipe dreams: Cooper, AJ Green or Chris Harris, Jr., Chris Jones

1. Kinlaw
2. Ted picks a WR
3. ILB
4. Ted picks an OL

I would think if we re-sign Lewis he is the veteran to pair with Sternberger.  

• Like 1

On 12/16/2019 at 9:44 PM, cannondale said:

Sorry for the inconvenience. If the Packers 11-3 meant they could hang with the 49ers, Saints, Ravens, Seahawks, I would think differently. 

Even with all of our warts and a rookie HC we are 11-3.  Yes, we might not be able to hang with the teams you mentioned but if Gute can bolster some of the holes on this roster we'll be more than capable of being in the conversation of one of the truly top teams in the NFC in 2020 and beyond. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

You're going to be disappointed this off-season. Unless you want to pay Sanders or Green (after whining about Graham above lol, same situation there) there is next to nothing in FA. Don't bet on a round 1 WR either. 

You're right, we should give Graham another year to figure it out! Great idea.

Is what it is. If you don't wanna invest in a WR don't be upset when it's a weak position. 

10 hours ago, Jaire_Island said:

Is Arod? Going to take pay cut?..

2 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

why would he? he just made the pro bowl

More like, why would he as he's holding all the cards after signing that new deal this year. The only way you lower his cap number is by guaranteeing his salary and spreading it out over the balance of his contract. That gets really dicey later on though. 

27 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Is what it is. If you don't wanna invest in a WR don't be upset when it's a weak position. 

Where did I say anything about giving Graham more time?

You said it's egregious to only add a 2nd round WR, well then you are kind of insinuating that you want AJ Green or Sanders, which is the exact same situation as Graham. Paying a lot to an old vet for the downside years of their career.

I go into off-seasons studying what's available so I have realistic expectations and don't just make blanket statements about positions. WR is deep in the draft and awful in FA.

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Since when is a second round pick not considered a quality investment?  Second round picks have the back bone and primary building blocks for our WR cores for the last 15 years.

IMO, this year the difference between a late first round WR and a second round WR is going to be very minimal.  

Edited by SSG

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Because that's clearly the point that @Packerraymond was trying to articulate.  Not that the FA options at WR (or even TE to an extent) constitute aging veterans who are on the downside of their career.  Not too different from our own Jimmy Graham.  Go look at next year's FA WR class.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/

I even did the work there for you, so let's go down that list shall we.

AJ Green - Early rumblings have him as a potential franchise tag candidate.  Supposedly has desire to remain in Cincinnati.
Larry Fitzgerald - Not leaving Arizona.
Emmanuel Sanders - Probably the most "realistic" FA target.  Spotrac is projecting a 2 years, $20M deal but that is probably light.
Amari Cooper - Likely re-signs with Dallas
Devin Funchess - Bleh.

If you think you're going to magically find a #2 WR in FA, you're going to likely be disappointed.  You're looking at a LOT of aging WRs who are clearly on the downside of their career.  Maybe you try and gamble on an older vet who can hold down the fort for a year, but you're not going to find someone whose going to take pressure of Davante Adams in FA.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Where did I say anything about giving Graham more time?

You said it's egregious to only add a 2nd round WR, well then you are kind of insinuating that you want AJ Green or Sanders, which is the exact same situation as Graham. Paying a lot to an old vet for the downside years of their career.

I go into off-seasons studying what's available so I have realistic expectations and don't just make blanket statements about positions. WR is deep in the draft and awful in FA.

Someone is in a sour mood today. I'm not whining about Graham, he's just past his prime. Ok the FA class is weak. Still can work around it. Not like we need a #1