AG20 2020 Mock Offseason

AlexGreen#20

6 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'd like to see us make a play for a top TE, or at least a quality starter, if there is one available in free agency ... one that isn't long in the tooth, or on his last legs like Bennett, and Graham.  

Hunter Henry probably gets 8.5+. You're not getting an ILB or a RT then.

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Hunter Henry probably gets 8.5+. You're not getting an ILB or a RT then.

It's a tough situation .. I like your idea of Kwiatkowski in the middle, and I do think re-signing Bulaga is a must.  I wish we could fit a legit starting TE in there somewhere, but maybe we would get lucky and Tonyan or Sternberger would take a big step forward.

34 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Hargrave is short

So...? The knock on Kinlaw is that he gets stood up a la Lowry far too often despite everything else he does extremely well. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/javon-kinlaw/z6rQc3jCQc

I would still add another piece to that IDL in the draft as well so we're coming away with three new guys between the draft and FA. If we were to do that, we relegate Lowry back to being a rotational player at DE/DT with Keke and Lancaster becoming Clark's back-up or a second NT in a 4 or 5 man front. 

I also think you have to bring Blake back as well; even if Goodson is back and/or you sign Kwiatowski. I really liked Kwiatowski as a prospect and was disappointed when we missed out on him. We need to blitz that position full tilt and accept the fact that Burks didn't work out; you could probably cut him if/when Curtis Bolton outplays him in camp and can stay healthy. On that note, I really like the Bradley pick given his skillset and draftnik Tony Pauline has a 4th round grade on him so getting him in the 6th at this point of the game might be one of those Day 3 gems that blow up. Bradly and Bolton could pair up with Ty Summers for that chaser role while Blake, BJ, and Nick fill the thumper roles.

Overall I like this draft, but I really think double-dipping at WR can really only happen after IDL is thoroughly addressed. I do like the Quartney Davis pick, but we shouldn't be sacrificing picks if we're not addressing the IDL. I love that you add a safety in this class as well though I think switching Carter with the TE pick may be the better option. There should be tons of Day 3 TE's that can step in and play as well as we need them to. 

I also generally agree with your FA deals as well sparing the Blake Martinez decision of course, but I too think it's time to move on from Allison as much as I like the player. He just doesn't have "it" this year and he will probably get paid to go somewhere like a Tennessee or maybe Denver.

7 minutes ago, Joe said:

So...? The knock on Kinlaw is that he gets stood up a la Lowry far too often despite everything else he does extremely well. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/javon-kinlaw/z6rQc3jCQc

I would still add another piece to that IDL in the draft as well so we're coming away with three new guys between the draft and FA. If we were to do that, we relegate Lowry back to being a rotational player at DE/DT with Keke and Lancaster becoming Clark's back-up or a second NT in a 4 or 5 man front. 

I also think you have to bring Blake back as well; even if Goodson is back and/or you sign Kwiatowski. I really liked Kwiatowski as a prospect and was disappointed when we missed out on him. We need to blitz that position full tilt and accept the fact that Burks didn't work out; you could probably cut him if/when Curtis Bolton outplays him in camp and can stay healthy. On that note, I really like the Bradley pick given his skillset and draftnik Tony Pauline has a 4th round grade on him so getting him in the 6th at this point of the game might be one of those Day 3 gems that blow up. Bradly and Bolton could pair up with Ty Summers for that chaser role while Blake, BJ, and Nick fill the thumper roles.

Overall I like this draft, but I really think double-dipping at WR can really only happen after IDL is thoroughly addressed. I do like the Quartney Davis pick, but we shouldn't be sacrificing picks if we're not addressing the IDL. I love that you add a safety in this class as well though I think switching Carter with the TE pick may be the better option. There should be tons of Day 3 TE's that can step in and play as well as we need them to. 

I also generally agree with your FA deals as well sparing the Blake Martinez decision of course, but I too think it's time to move on from Allison as much as I like the player. He just doesn't have "it" this year and he will probably get paid to go somewhere like a Tennessee or maybe Denver.

3 new DL is total overkill. We need one #2 guy, that's it. The rest of the depth is totally fine.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

3 new DL is total overkill. We need one #2 guy, that's it. The rest of the depth is totally fine.

Understood, but a little competition never hurt. I'd love to go into next year with Clark, Hargrave, Draft Pick, Draft Pick, Keke, Lancaster, and Lowry with maybe the Day 3 pick being on PS. Adams hasn't panned out and we've moved Looney to TE. I think we'd all like to see an investment made at IDL.

I really like a lot of what you did here. A few things I just philosophically disagree with. Doesn't mean you are wrong or I am right. 

I agree with all of your roster moves BUT:

Bulaga - I'm in the minority here but can't pay the guy that much given his history and age. He's played his *** off but better to move on a year too soon than too late. May force Rodgers to get rid of the ball sooner too, but you do have to address that position

Goodson - not even a JAG, gotta go.

Crosby - Can't spend that much on a kicker when we have so many needs. 

Love the one free agent signing too! I think there is value in a few other guys who could really help us without going cap broke: George Fant OT Seattle, David Onyamata. Fant can play OT and Onyamata has some pass rush juice and he's pretty stout. 

I also disagree this would only be a 10-6 roster. I think it could be much better than that. The unknown is the jump people take in year 2 - 3. We have guys who could make a leap to elite: Alexander, Savage come to mind. Another group that can and should make significant gains: Jenkins, Sternberger (he's got upside), MVS, ESB, Lazard, Keke, Gary, Sullivan as well. You don't need them all to make major leaps but several should make good strides. King will be playing for a contract and that usually bodes well too.