Why do people think the NFC is so much better this year when it's really not?

Bolts223

7 hours ago, SBLIII said:

I think the top 3 AFC teams are all better than the NFC's best team. I have a hard time seeing an NFC team hoisting the Lombardi this year.

Ravens and Pats arguably. People are sleeping on the Pats and they could be #2 in this tournament. Who is the other team you are talking about though? I would easily argue the Saints, Seahawks, 49ers, and Packers are all better than the Chiefs and Texans.

9 hours ago, SBLIII said:

I think the top 3 AFC teams are all better than the NFC's best team. I have a hard time seeing an NFC team hoisting the Lombardi this year.

I think that SF proved themselves worthy to be in that company when they went to Baltimore earlier in the season and almost took it. Play that game in SF and the Ravens probably lose. Then we're talking about all roads to the SB going through NE again. So I don't have a problem seeing SF hosting the trophy. On their best days, I think almost no team in the league can hang with them, including KC, NE and BAL.

I agree with you, though, that an AFC win is more likely.

On 12/23/2019 at 4:03 PM, wackywabbit said:

The odds are actually against that at this point in time. They are 4.5 point underdogs in tonight's game.

But, beyond that I don't see what it is about them that puts them with the top 5 teams and separates them from the rest of the playoff field. The top 5 teams are way above the field in metrics like DVOA and even the Vikings are well ahead of the Packers there. 

After Monday night I don't think you can say with confidence the Vikings are well ahead of the Packers.  We still have a shot at the #1 seed but a more realistic shot at the #2. 

ALL of the playoff teams this year - outside of the 2 NFCE teams still in it ;) - can beat any of the others on any given day/night.

20 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

If the Saints get AB, it’s over.  I couldn’t even imagine a defense slowing them down.

Given the "ongoing" investigation, I doubt AB plays a single snap for New Orleans this season. 

As soon as AB signs with someone, he's looking at a suspension. 

• Like 1